SaabCentral Forums banner

341 - 360 of 2665 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
nnamssorxela said:
Sweet mother of pearl!!!! That is a VERY nice Saab if I've ever seen one. Every part on that car looks brand new. I especially love the rims, what kind?
-Alex
I´m glad you like it. The rims is ASA Imola or even called ASA Racing GT

Yeah last winter i did a big jobb with the car, i bought a lots of new parts.It was VERY expensive but what the hell, she is worth it my beauty:)

jglavin said:
5 Door on the track! Awesome!

That car is just...wow

Taken care of doesn't cut it...
It doesn`t go slower with 2 more doors:cool:

mikewitdaspike said:
DUDE! how did you get the hole in your front bumper that clean? it almost looks like it could be factory.... where and how? and how much?
It was not so difficult:) i can send you pictures on the jobb if you want?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Peter T16 said:
It was not so difficult:) i can send you pictures on the jobb if you want?

yes please :cheesy: i'm contemplating this mod myself, and yours is exactly what i'll be goin for

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow capitan, those are some awesome machines... The red one with the Aero wheels is pretty much exactly what I want to build.

Speaking of wheels, it's good to see that 90% of the worlds supply of Aeros and Minilites are on cars in this thread :cheesy:

Watson, member.php?u=27339len88, ******, and the rest of the Aussies - Great to see so much hard work put in to cars here downunder. Don't be surprised if you're driving some day and a crazy man in a blue 900 4 door waves at you :p

Thanks for the comments on my car too guys. Nice inspiration to get on with it when something *else* breaks and I just want to curse and swear at it!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Peter T16 said:
This is my car!:)

Click on the pictures for larger.

I've never seen such a beatiful 900 without the body kit, just the bumper extensions and lowered says sleeper all over it!

Very nice car

Kenny.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Baby

So I've been searching for a while, and finally found what I wanted....

I'll post pictures of my other Saabs when I can dig them up, but right now this is the only one on the road.

My 1990 900 SPG, Talladega Red, 108k miles (all service records since date of purchase, never been wrecked, TX/CA car).

Bought it around the 1st of September for a steal of a price. Picked it up and drove it 800 miles the next day. :)

Took it up to Troll Motors in Seattle (those guys are amazing - http://www.trollmotors.com/ very very dedicated smart guys. I won't take my Saab anywhere else. It's worth the drive...) and they went through it top to bottom, and found a few engine things (harmonic balancer, water pump, alternator). Had them do the 120k service, full tuneup etc. Drives like a charm.

Anyway, little list of things to clean up (windshield, drivers seat cracked, dash cracked, etc) but the frame is clean, and ZERO RUST anywhere on the body. Completely clean. I'm a very happy boy.

Every time I park and walk inside to work, I have to look back a couple times at my beautiful car... :)

(btw, beautiful 5-door. Always loved the hatchback tail and hated the 4-door tail..)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Now that she's out of the garage!!

Here's some pics of my 87 turbo vert. Notice no pics of the passenger side? She's got body work needed, front fender and hood on that side need some TLC. I think I've worked out how to post a pic too!

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Orca said:
Mine is reputed to be modelled on an Imperial Stormtrooper :cheesy:

You made me BLIND:cheesy:

Oh and our(me and my dads) rust bucket;oops:The engine is in bad shape, the body is in quite good shape for a car that old(the c900 is estonia are much worse shape then this)and lets not talk about the paint...the previous owner painted it outside and it just does not stick to the body very good.
http://www.rate.ee/albums/hanzzz/a80117
oh and Nevermind the viggen(jetfighter) pics in there:Dthat is not ours...

EDIT: i forgot to mention that he did not paint the bonnet and the roof...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Some quick shots I took yesterday, got to sell her soon... going to miss her :cry:

I think it's the colour and the wheels I'll miss the most.. they don't have platana grey 3 doors in the states.. or 16" cross spokes - I've never seen them?

Ha and yes that's a motorcycle number plate on the back,
I think it complements the squarish lights on the back of the 3dr, like the U.S. plates do! No trouble from the police either ;)

Kenny.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Got some new Ronal minilites down at the yard a few months back, and decided to mount my Michelin M+S tires for the upcoming winter. $80 for the set, plus about the same for ripping off the old useless tires, and mounting and balancing my existing set of M+S tires. I like how they bring out my brakes (I will probably paint the rear brakes next year, and then put in some slotted+dimpled rotors), but I'm still undecided how much I like the look of them vs. the more defined look of the 15-spokes. Whatever I decide, those will be my winter rims, and I'm getting some black 17" mesh wheels for my summer performance tires!

I know I know, I'm missing the rear right centre cap, which annoys me, but I only found 3 of them at the yard, so not much I can do except wait for another one to appear at the yard! If I decide to keep the minilites, I will need to refinish them, as two of the wheels definitely need attention (peeling and gouging), while the other two are mostly just dirty.

li Arc

341 - 360 of 2665 Posts