SaabCentral Forums banner
4601 - 4620 of 4639 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Picked up another Aero last week! Just ordered a bunch of parts the other day to get it all up to date on maintenance. All typical 9-5 stuff... PCV, tons of vacuum leaks, all engine mounts are totally spanked, valve cover is leaking, etc. But it's a clean car overall. Previous owner hit a deer and took out the right headlight and hood. Once it stops raining, I'm going to check out the local junkyards for a silver hood.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's one of two Supras- an 89 turbo targa 5 spd. It's waiting for its new engine to go in this weekend(BHG).
View attachment 279322

The one in the garage is a long term project- an 88, same setup, same color. Waiting for paint.
Love the color! The MK3 is my favorite generation Supra.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
198 Posts
What 9-5 is that? I have not seen that even in Saab museum in Uusikaupunki or Trollhättan.
It's an uber rare 2 door 9-5, only available in certain markets. Some say Toyota was involved in manufacturing, but I can't confirm.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice! It looks to be in pretty good shape.

Gave it its first was yesterday now that I finished a ton of the work it needed, including a water pump, thermostat, lower rad hose, PCV, valve cover gasket, belt, tensioner, and plenty of other stuff I'm forgetting. Cleaned up pretty well, but I'm still not thrilled with the condition of the replacement hood. Oh well, better than a crunched one!

·
Registered
2005 Saab 9-5 Aero
24 Posts
Just joined the Saab community, both Saab Central and purchased a 2005 9-5 Aero. Thank you to all the members here for inspiring me to take the plunge.
Model: 2005 9-5 Aero, Automatic
Odo: 94,500 miles (approx.)

Here are a few photos of the car:

The previous owner -- a man after my own heart, an enthusiast with a mechanical bent -- took very good care of the car. As I drive the car more, I'll figure out things it may or may not need.

4601 - 4620 of 4639 Posts