SaabCentral Forums banner
4581 - 4600 of 4639 Posts

·
Registered
2003 9-5 Aero Sedan
60 Posts
I've been busy lately and have been lax in providing updates for my work. In the last few months, I have:

• Replaced the stock D1S HID bulbs with a set of LED bulbs specifically designed to replace D1S bulbs (Amazon.com: DZG D1S D1R D3S D3R LED Headlight Bulbs 50W 6000K Bright White, 2 Pack: Automotive). The cutoff is amazing, the light is considerably brighter and I couldn't happier with being able to ignore the ballast pack going forward.
  • Added a Vantop H612 rear-view-mirror with front and rear cameras
  • Got my windows tinted
  • Installed an Atoto S8 Android head unit. It makes the already great sounding stock HK system even better
  • Installed LED reverse lights, as one of the incandescents had failed and they sucked anyway
  • With my brother's help, installed a 19T turbo and did a little bit of cat gutting
  • Installed new wheels and tires: Platinum FK459 with Ohtsu FP8000 tires (18" w/ 225/40/18s, yes, I inadvertently undersized the tires. I know they should have been 235/40s).

And, unfortunately, broke the window regulator in my driver's side door, then broken the green "rollers" when trying to replace it. Waiting for the replacement rollers to arrive today. I'll have to get that door retinted because when the glass fell in the door, it scraped the crap out of the tint. Also, later this week, I hope to be getting a tune to go with the 19T and a replacement windshield as mine looks like a disco ball from all the pitting.

Here's a pic with the new shoes...

Reactions: Aeronaut

·
Registered
2003 9-5 Aero Sedan
60 Posts
I think that's the case. If your car takes D1S bulbs, they should work fine. Do note that you'll either have to cut the existing harness or use taps (I used taps) for the power for the LED bulbs.

Thanks! I was genuinely shocked how good the wheels ended up looking on it.

Reactions: shaggy

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-5 2.3T, Stage lll ecu, 3" downpipe, 2.5" BSR cat back, 60th Ann wheels.
696 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I took the yellow film off and run Diode Dynamics SLF yellow led fogs. Love the clear look when they are off.

Reactions: skwon and Aeronaut

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Have you considered removing the yellow corner light reflectors?
I have the Euro clear reflectors for my wagon, but I vinyl wrapped them orange and love that look. Reminiscent of 9000s and 90s JDM

·
Registered
955 Posts
2004 9-5 Estate/Wagon. 162K miles. I put ~ 85K on her. Auto, leather, heated seats, dual zone ac. Newish turbo, radiator, front bushes, Aero sway bar, Monroe shocks... she runs great, but probably needs CPS

She's got some dings. Needs new clear coat on the hood, and probably roof. Hearing CVT joint noise on drivers side. Probably needs ~ $3K work to make her good as new. I will consider selling her for a fair price. Im in Ft Lauderdale, FL

·
Registered
198 Posts
4581 - 4600 of 4639 Posts