SaabCentral Forums banner

4561 - 4570 of 4570 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts

Here is my problemchild. 2000 aero with around 400.000 kilometers. So many small problems, but overall every important bit just works. Drove her across country a few times, and drive her daily to work - never had a mechanical problem, and I've never had such a comfortable car to drive. Honestly i love her small problems that make me pop the hood.

Also can't wait to fit her new italian shoes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up my first Saab a couple weeks! Updated the PCV system a couple weeks but picked up a flat yesterday and need a new wheel and tire. Just love how she eats up miles so comfortably. If anyone is selling any wheels let me know!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I paint corrected my car with a cheap orbital buffer over the past few days. I was on the fence for a while, but it was well worth the time and money. Next up is to sand the headlights (again).

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I use (clear) PU film after I polished headlights. PU film is easy to swap if it gets dirty and it blocks UV. UV makes headlight lenses yellowish after you sanded UV protection off.

·
Registered
816 Posts
What were you on the fence about?

Handsome car for sure.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the money. I first applied the cutting compound by hand, which made a very slight improvement. Needless to say, using the right tool made all the difference. I also spent way too much time comparing the various buffer and pad options - Maxshine M8s, Chemical Guys 5.5" pad kit, and Meguiar's ultimate compound is what worked for me.

I use (clear) PU film after I polished headlights. PU film is easy to swap if it gets dirty and it blocks UV. UV makes headlight lenses yellowish after you sanded UV protection off.
I'll have to try this. I've heard of people spraying the headlights with clear coat to protect them, but having easily replaceable film sounds like a much better idea.

4561 - 4570 of 4570 Posts