SaabCentral Forums banner

4541 - 4560 of 4570 Posts

·
Registered
'04 9-5 Aero Wgn, '01 9-5 Aero, '90 C900
15 Posts
New member here, but not new to Saab. I just picked up a Midnight Blue '01 Aero sedan that was probably close to going to the shredder. It still needs a bunch of TLC and general mechanical work.
Pic from CL ad:

It has these 16" wheels I've never seen before, but rides well, boosts into the red, and will serve well as dog transporter and manual trans trainer for my daughter.
My '04 Aero Wagon is currently serving as a collector of many things in the garage:

Engine was taken out by the balance chain, and I haven't had motivation to get it back on the road.

In happier times, with my '90 C900, currently awaiting an auto>5spd conversion:

I have secured a trans. donor for the C900, so hopefully things will start moving forward on that as well. Rust free TX shell.

Engine bay of the wagon about 20k miles ago, before the Big Break:

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
New member here, but not new to Saab. I just picked up a Midnight Blue '01 Aero sedan that was probably close to going to the shredder. It still needs a bunch of TLC and general mechanical work.
Pic from CL ad:
View attachment 271868
It has these 16" wheels I've never seen before, but rides well, boosts into the red, and will serve well as dog transporter and manual trans trainer for my daughter.
I got a set of those rims. I think they're quite sharp. Alas, on checking them, two were round, one was round-ish, and one definitely needed straightening. They're sitting in the basement doing not much of anything. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree, they look nice, and the 3 spoke thing is definitely very Saab.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
New member here, but not new to Saab.
Welcome aboard! Nice bunch of rides and projects, I had the exact same 2001 Navy/Midnight Blue 9-5 Aero manual (except mine had a charcoal interior) that blue shines up so nice if you spend a little time on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice bunch of rides and projects, I had the exact same 2001 Navy/Midnight Blue 9-5 Aero manual (except mine had a charcoal interior) that blue shines up so nice if you spend a little time on it.
Thanks for the welcome! I was pleased to see such an active community!
I love the color. The car obviously spent a lot of time outside and was not loved very much, but I spent quite a bit of last weekend with a buffet making it better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have changed the engine. Now throttle body causing problems. Can I repair the TB 9175217 or do I need to replace. Griffin very rare in Australia. Can some one find me a throttle body and send it to me. I can pay money into your account. Paypal

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
I can.
Brand new original TB from ORIO (P/N 9175217) costs 570€ + shipping 50€.
I do not know taxes etc, so they are in your responsibility.
ORIO have 31 TB in stock.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My first post. Hello All.
My '06 Saab Wagon. In the process of finishing up a complete PCV valve, hose and oil trap job. Will post that later in the appropriate thread.
What was the issue with the PCV system ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts

Probably just doing it for regular maintenance. That's why I did it on my old 9-5, at least.

·
Registered
2001 9-5 Aero wagon 5MT
20 Posts
My 5 speed 01 9-5 Aero Combi. Can’t wait to get it back on the road this summer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ah, I love red wagons! Looking good!

Reactions: Jay77

·
Registered
2006 9-5 Wagon
3 Posts

The valve was broken with one end stuck in the hose. So replacing the hose and the valve, might as well do the whole thing, right? It was every bit as frustrating as these posts say it is.

·
Registered
2001 9-5 Aero wagon 5MT
20 Posts
Very nice!

I like the blacked out grill with the red, it doesn't work on most other colours.
Thanks, I agree. I purchased the car like it. Wasn’t a fan of it at first, but it grew on me more once I took the plastidip off the chrome in the center.

·
Registered
2006 9-5 Wagon
3 Posts
Pic from CL ad:
View attachment 271868
My '04 Aero Wagon is currently serving as a collector of many things in the garage:
View attachment 271869
Engine was taken out by the balance chain, and I haven't had motivation to get it back on the road.

In happier times, with my '90 C900, currently awaiting an auto>5spd conversion:
View attachment 271870

I have secured a trans. donor for the C900, so hopefully things will start moving forward on that as well. Rust free TX shell.

Engine bay of the wagon about 20k miles ago, before the Big Break:
View attachment 271871
Love the blue on the valve cover. Is that powder coat or high temp ceramic for the blue. Or something else?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Love the blue on the valve cover. Is that powder coat or high temp ceramic for the blue. Or something else?
Actually it's just VHT wrinkle paint. I put on a couple thin coats of self etch primer, then the wrinkle paint, and put it in the oven on 200deg for awhile.
It did fade out somewhat - in the pic of sad wagon in garage, you can see the valve cover in there, and its a few shades lighter. But, for a $15 investment, can't complain...

4541 - 4560 of 4570 Posts