SaabCentral Forums banner
4,441 - 4,460 of 4,728 Posts
Nice colour (same as mine).

Based on 9000 experience, you're going to lose paint at the front of the cam cover due rising heat from the manifold, after the car's stopped.

I want a polished cam cover like my cobra, horseshoe and bypass pipe but haven't found anyone willing to do it. Too many intricate little crevices etc.

Doug

Attachments

I want a polished cam cover like my cobra, horseshoe and bypass pipe but haven't found anyone willing to do it. Too many intricate little crevices etc
I used a cheap metal polish kit that has a variety of polishing compounds and pads that go on any electric drill and polished my engine mount yoke and the cam/valve cover they both turned out great and it wasn't difficult to do.

If your cover is painted any retail paint stripper has the paint off in minutes.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=meta...uAKHaUzB5IQ_AUICigB&biw=1093&bih=501&dpr=1.25

Crappy phone pics but, new to me 04 aero 5spd in nocturn blue. Only 36 of them. Drove to S. Idaho for it. Wheels are off my 06 wagon project. Black wagon is a 99 3.0, auto with the aero wheels. Picked it up cheap cuz it was smoking; retorqued the heads and it runs like a top with only 98k. Going to lower it on the cheap with aero springs from pick n pull.

How do you like your 9-5 compared to your 9-3?
Overall, I think it's a better car than either of the sports sedans I've owned. Not that the 9-3 is a bad car, but I find the 9-5 to be a bit more comfortable for day to day use. I will say though, I do think the face lifted 9-3 is a much better looking car than the dame 9-5. The 9-3 also handles better and feels a bit more sporty.

Overall, I think it's a better car
The 9-3 also handles better and feels a bit more sporty.
Pretty much the same findings I had when I first switched from a 9-3ss to a 9-5 Aero. The 9-3 ss feels sportier in handling, but the ridiculous amount of low end torque from the 9-5 just makes me smile like nothing else. And it is more "upscale". Quality of leather, fit and finish and the whole cocoon safety feel is just on a different level.

Threw the ALU-28's on the car. The 5 spokes are nice and all, but I adore the uniqueness of the 3 spoke, Hammerhead, Klingon, or whatever they're calling them these days.

Picked this 9-5 up for "nothing" since it was lacking an "MOT", but has a lot of potential to be a nice car again!

Drove it home 700 km's with a leaky brake pipe (didn't know that it was leaking untill I got halfway home, so had to keep filling brake fluid and hanging on gears downhill). Brakes did work though in case of emergency! Just one circuit leaking slightly. Other than that it ran great and smoothly. It's already on koni shocks and H&R springs, and the ride is great. :D

Gonna have it as a summer-car since winters here in Norway is ROUGH on the cars with salt and slurry everywhere...

Latest pic.. Soon ready for MOT after fixing the fog lights, headlights, tailgate lights (had to repair the harness), check engine light (MAF sensor), leaky exhaust, brakepipes and handbrake cable.
Dirty as for now since I have nowhere to wash it in the garage before I get it back on road legal plates.

Nice looking 9-5, the car has 'SE' badges on the front fenders, which engine does it have?

Its a 2.0t 150bhp engine. Gonna replace the intake with the one from my 2002 Aero parts car to make use of the newer style injectors and slap a TD04-15t on it. Gonna weld up a downpipe together with a friend.

Then tuning it myself with t7suite

4,441 - 4,460 of 4,728 Posts