SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17x7.5, ET45. 5x100.

I've got a line on a guy that can do the 4x114.3 to 5x110 adapters but I'm worried about offset. What's the minimum offset I can get away with for a 7.5" wheel? 20mm? 25mm? Wheel adapters tend to be thick... that's my concern.

I know peedfarts sells adapters for 4x108 but I have no interest in swapping to 88+ stuff.

Give me your ideas. If you're replying to say "don't run adapters" save your keystrokes.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
If your moving the wheels out your only worry is going to be whether they scrub the arches is'nt it? Buy a couple of cheapo spacers and stick them on one of the wheels then sit on the corner and see if the tyre rubs.

Oh, you'll have to remove the studs to fit spacers to the 4*112.8, could be more hassle than it's worth.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
IronJoe said:
This town ain't big enough for the both of us. :cool:
lol we both know your car is cooler :cool:

I don't think they'd even fit (18 or 19" I think?) but man I really like those wheels!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
TheRedBaron said:
Get these instead:

Sadly, mspaint doesn't let me cut and paste circles :(
I saw the first post and thought "21st Century Incas" ... I am soooooo with you on this one Baron ;) I saw a set sell on UK eBay for just over 250 UKP. I'm kicking myself now for not bidding :roll:

IronJoe ... forget those old-fashioned wheels and contemporise, dude!

You know it's right :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Comparing 7.5" at a 45mm positive offset to the standard SAAB C900 wheel at 5.5" 40mm offset, that wheel will stick out 20mm further and you'll lose 30mm more inner clearance. You should start to worry.

That said, over here we found that up to 30mm further out seemed okay, if not more, so spacers is the way forward ... 10mm ought to do it. You're already running -19mm on your current wheels, so another 1mm (-30mm+10mm spacer) shouldn't be a problem.

Perhaps run more if you stretch the tyre? Pick a 195 width tyre and stretch it over the 7.5" ;) In fact, I think you can get hub adapters from about 10mm thick. There, I've wasted my fingers typing jibberish, but you loved it :cheesy:

So, who knows some specifics about swapping hubs over?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nnamssorxela said:
**Shoves large rock like house off back and stands up** They have adapters for 4x108?!
Umm... yea? Not new news. Call GenuineSaab, see if they'll import some for you. If not you'll have to deal with the company directly.

They are technically "not street legal" and for off-road use only or something. But take that how you want to. People say the same thing about spacers sometimes.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
had to serach for it again

IronJoe said:
17x7.5, ET45. 5x100.

I've got a line on a guy that can do the 4x114.3 to 5x110 adapters but I'm worried about offset. What's the minimum offset I can get away with for a 7.5" wheel? 20mm? 25mm? Wheel adapters tend to be thick... that's my concern.

I know peedfarts sells adapters for 4x108 but I have no interest in swapping to 88+ stuff.

Give me your ideas. If you're replying to say "don't run adapters" save your keystrokes.

hey, I was goofing around on youtube the other day and came across a 99 turbo with t16 transplant AND those wheels on it. I just spent a few minutes looking for it for you to see, maybe it's worth mailing him to find out what he did to fit them.

I say go for it, they are a very nice wheel!

Kenny.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
IronJoe said:
They are technically "not street legal" and for off-road use only or something..
they're just covering their kiesters from a liability perspective - I don't really blame 'em - but I wouldn't sweat that point.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
K-900 said:
hey, I was goofing around on youtube the other day and came across a 99 turbo with t16 transplant AND those wheels on it. I just spent a few minutes looking for it for you to see, maybe it's worth mailing him to find out what he did to fit them.

I say go for it, they are a very nice wheel!

Kenny.

something tells me that SaabDaniel has something to do with that 99.... either its a freinds of his, or he did the engine mapping... something along those lines

PM him for more infor as to whether the car runs spacers or has been hub converted

G

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Sorry guys, but that's a Swedish 99 T16, and I haven't had anything to do with it... The exterior looks awesome, but the engine-bay leaves a lot to wish for. The wheels do look great on that car though, I must say!
Daniel.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
There are more 9-5 wheels that look even better I think. Certainly, there are some that would look great on a hardtop c900. Some are a bit bling, but if you have some photoshop time?? :cheesy:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well I had it all beautied up in good old MS paint and I lost my work when I copied and pasted, so I just went back and inverted colors and roughly cut them out...it looked sooooo good before, anyways I would def do these wheels...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
GearHead said:
the better option would be to re-drill your existing hubs for the 5X--- bolt pattern

Then the wheel flange in the center of the hub would be too small or too big (not sure which) The weight of the car needs to rest on that, not the bolts/studs.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That's not too much of a problem, if its too small you just get a set of alumnium or polyurethene spacers made up, too big and you just bore out the centre of the alloys, you're right though, studs are NOT designed to take the weight of the car...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts