SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
B~P, draw yourself a simple diagram of this latest PCV fix based on the instructions I have supplied and then compare that to the diagram of the fix that was backed out (your first pic)
You will see they are clearly not the same.

When you've done that I think it may be an idea to delete your posts from this thread as they only add confusion. ;)

·
Registered
800 Posts
i was rather crossed eyed while reading many threads about pcv systems last night. now that my wits have somewhat returned i can see that the hose from the filler neck is now integrated with the turbo hose.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As requested, please find pics showing correct directions of the check valves on the PCV tubing.

-------

This valve is connected to the tubing just before it connects to the filler neck.

-------

This valve connects to the tubing that passes through the intake manifold.

-------

Both valves shown on this pic.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You must've been flat out in that engine bay, feet off the floor unless of course you're 7'6" and you've got arms like Mr Tickle :cheesy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Top stuff! Deeply endebted to you! You must have used an endoscope to get some of those pictures!!
on the suject of the white one-way valve on the small tube from the cam cover 't' piece to the throttle body, I tested mine. It would not allow air to travel 'up' from the TB, but there was a fair amount of resitance blowing down towrads the TB. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Yes, that's how it should be.
Air travel towards TB but not towards cam cover.

[EDIT]
Just reread your post Bill and I'd like to retract my initial statement.
AERO BILL said:
...... but there was a fair amount of resitance blowing down towrads the TB. Is this normal?
That is not how it should be.
Air should move freely towards the throttle body.
Perhaps a new check valve is in order ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ok, I'm a moron but... what is the hose that comes out of the top of the engine directly beneath the lettering SAAB? Mine is splitting and falling off. Nothing appears to flow through it either, what could it be??

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
aikman7981 said:
..... what is the hose that comes out of the top of the engine directly beneath the lettering SAAB?
It is part of the PCV system, part # 91 88 806.

Crankcase gasses flow through it.

Buy a new one and replace ASAP.

·
Registered
161 Posts
uh oh. another 30 mile dealer trip. does this hose come in the pcv fix? can I damage my car by driving with this hose off? Its happened a few times since the hose is corroded and nasty.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The hose does not come with the new fix.

Without this hose in place the rest of the PCV system is worthless.

Pop a zip tie around it until you get a replacement.

Get yourself a coffee and book an hour quiet time to read the sludge thread back to front.

The diagram on post #3 shows the tube in question labelled at position 6.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ok, so I need to replace that hose. Can I do this myself when I do the PCV fix? I plan to have a go at that next weekend. That hose looks like it could be in some tight spots, or maybe not. Either way I need to save some $$ for other major repairs at the dealer (serp belt, eng mount, trans mount).

21 - 40 of 430 Posts