SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the day.

For the 3rd time, the coolant tank ruptured, which caused the coolant to explode everywhere.

Before I even knew it happened, the engine temp shot into the red and notified me that I needed to pull over and let the engine cool down. Mind you this has happened 3 times, so I was prepared for the steaming hood and characteristic vaporized coolant smell.

I'm filing the paperwork as we speak; I'll keep everyone informed.

I'm not really one to complain, but c'mon, 3 tows for the same problem and 2 other tows for other problems.

5 visits from the tow truck in 21 months = Lemon

·
Registered
59 Posts
barrylieberman said:
Well, today was the day.

For the 3rd time, the coolant tank ruptured, which caused the coolant to explode everywhere.

Before I even knew it happened, the engine temp shot into the red and notified me that I needed to pull over and let the engine cool down. Mind you this has happened 3 times, so I was prepared for the steaming hood and characteristic vaporized coolant smell.

I'm filing the paperwork as we speak; I'll keep everyone informed.

I'm not really one to complain, but c'mon, 3 tows for the same problem and 2 other tows for other problems.

5 visits from the tow truck in 21 months = Lemon
Sounds like it's time to open up a can of Bruce Lee on this dealer - this should have beeen over after the first replacement!!! Let us know the next chapter!!

·
Banned
631 Posts
trade it in if your not happy?!?

Every car has their problems. I mean, as long as your not paying for the tow, no complaints. Since it is warranty. So nothing is really costing you anything. But your time.

Think of it as, if you didnt have warranty.. Thats right.$$

·
Registered
194 Posts
I feel your pain but thus far I have not had any major problems with my MY06 9-3 Aero albeit mine is not Black...maybe that is the problem (LOL).

Good luck on the Lemon Law since I think you'll need it. If you read it well I think you'll see that your problems do not meet the letter of the law. But I am on your side and if you want letters/emails from people with the same car as yours, that have not had those problems, let us all know and we'll help!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
michaLcoughliN said:
trade it in if your not happy?!?

Every car has their problems. I mean, as long as your not paying for the tow, no complaints. Since it is warranty. So nothing is really costing you anything. But your time.
Why should he trade it when the law is on his side? Warranty or not, it's costing him money in the form of time. Are you saying that regardless of how much time his car is in the shop, as long as it's under warranty he shouldn't complain? I don't think so and neither does the law.

I'm not sure why he is having a coolant tank issue time after time - I was under the impression there is a recall and the new tanks shouldn't rupture. I'm with cmaser, sounds like an incompetent dealer. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The law states that if the car has a recurring issue (3 times) that causes it to be immobilized then you can get a new vehicle.

Since the coolant issue causes the car to overheat and become non-driveable, I would think that it should qualify.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey i feel your pain man, don't get me wrong i love my 04 aero but its been in the shop more times in the last 8 months than any of past cars combined. SAAB's have some serious issues and i am seriously considering getting rid of mine, it scares me to think what the car is gonna be like in 3 or 4 years. I gotta make sure if i do get rid of it, that i don't go buy another car with a ton of overly technical options that rarely work as they should. I am happy with the dealer fixing everything at no cost, but come on look at how much time i am wasting bringing the car there once every two weeks. I feel like i can't go a week with out an issue. I am getting tired of it and my next step will be to go to the dealer and demand something to be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts