SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why my left fog light keeps failing?

It burnt out the other day so I replaced it with the same HELLA bulb but the next day I turned on my car and I had an error message reading left fog failure. So when I got home from work I fiddled with it, cleaned off the connectors, tightened the connectors (not that they needed to be) and it was fixed. However, today on my way to work, I have once again, an error message reading left fog failure. I'm almost tempted to take it to the dealer because after 3 bulbs and numerous error messages, I'm getting really annoyed :x

·
Registered
41 Posts
Me too

Did this ever get fixed or understood? I have a 2007 9-3 as well; I got it 2 years ago and since then I have replaced the left front fog light 4 times but this last time it didn't work. I also get frequent SID warnings that my left position light is out but it isn't. Addionally, I have an issue with my left low beam where it goes out, I get the SID error but usually upon restarting the car it comes back. These are HID headlamps. I'm not much of a mechanic and wonder if there is anything interesting about it all being on the left??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same issue - but I SOLVED it.

Just bought my 2nd Saab - a 2003 9-3 Linear. Just today, I found that I too was having problems with my front left fog light. It did not light up. I did not have a SID message. I bought a new bulb to replace the old, but when I took the old one out, it visually looked ok. I tested it by applying 12 volts, and it lit! Tthe bulb was good.

I did some troubleshooting - fuse was OK. I took a voltmeter and looked for voltage between the hot wire going to the bulb anf the ground on the bulb case - I discovered that, in my case, I was not getting a good ground on the bulb housing. I cleaned off the ground cable going to the housing, and the terminal on the housing itself. I turned the fog lights on and, lo and behold...LIGHT!

I hope this helps someone else...

Ed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Left hand gremlins

Interestingly, right after I got my left side fog lights to work, I got a SID message for "Left Low beam failure!" crazy! My high beams work on the left, but not the low. Not exactly sure how to proceed - odd that it started right after I corrected the fog light issue. I guess I will proceed with replacing the headlight bulb to see if it was just a weird coincidence - though I do not believe in coincidences like this...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chalk it up to weird coincidence

Interestingly, right after I got my left side fog lights to work, I got a SID message for "Left Low beam failure!" crazy! My high beams work on the left, but not the low. Not exactly sure how to proceed - odd that it started right after I corrected the fog light issue. I guess I will proceed with replacing the headlight bulb to see if it was just a weird coincidence - though I do not believe in coincidences like this...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ed
So I swapped the bulb out...and it works - go figure...quite the coincidence that the left low beam bulb goes out immediately after I repair the left fog light issue!

Just thought I'd follow up so everyone knows the rest of the story..

Ed

·
Registered
39 Posts
Foght Lights not working

Hello,

I have a 2007 2.0T and I had the same issue, first it was the left fod not working, now my right fog does not work either. The bulbs were recently installed. My question to you all is ... where can i find the Fog light Relay? I checked the fuse but they seem to be good and I want to check the relay next, i checked on the owners manual but I cant seem to find the location.

help please

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
check connector down under bumper, driver's side. Is your outside temp also displaying?

·
Registered
39 Posts
check connector down under bumper, driver's side. Is your outside temp also displaying?

temperature is displaying on SID no issues, and yes I will check that connection. The snow we had here in Mass was bad enough to break my air shield and driver side fender liner ( temporarily fixed with tape ) Some snow must have gotten in their possibly made contact with that connection? either way ill check it and apply some electronic cleaner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts