SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

This morning I got on the SID of my Saab (vector 9-3, 2006, conv.) the warning 'Left break light failure'. I checked the lights but it doesn't seem there's a lamp that is burned (at least from what I've seen). The warning stuck on the SID and doesn't go away (which normally should come up and then go away...).
Is this warning appearing because some day soon I will need to change the lamp? Or maybe is a not enough contact of bulb? Anybody knows?
Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would check the connection between the connector and assembly. They corrode over time leaving a bad connection causing the failure on the sid. If its your problem you will have to replace the assembly that holds the 3 lights and the connector that plugs the 4 wires into the assembly.

I fixed this myself for about $75 dollars

·
Registered
435 Posts
Same thing happened to me. The outside bulb did burn out, but the inside bulb was still lit, which is why everyone thought I was crazy because the lights were still working. Ordered the P21Y Bulbs from Amazon. Replacement is so easy you'll laugh.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same thing happened to me but from what i can gather the ecu will use a different bulb in the cluster if one blows so you still have a brake light each side for safety reasons, re-check the bulbs odds are that theres one blown!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good be a bulb with two filaments and only one is burnt out (the one that ignites when braking) so you don't think there is a burnt out bulb or, what everyone else is saying, the bulb is on it's way out and the car is giving you an early warning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fixed it guys. They changed me the burned bulb almost for nothing and all is fine. Surprisingly cost was only 5 euro which surprised me a lot. But anyway it was a matter of less than 5mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.