SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a set on Amazon that comes with the canbus resistor included. I'll attach the link below. So far I like them a lot. Also upgraded the blinkers/driving lights to LEDs but I keep getting the hyper flash. I guess any bulb upgraded to LED on our cars needs a resistor. So I'll probably go back to halogens on the driving lights. That said, anyone know of any brighter Amber halogen 1157 bulbs? I really like the LED/Amber corner/yellow fog look (I have yellow bulbs for the fogs to install), but I also like a brighter blinker for safety purposes. Pic attached of how it currently looks.

Amazon link:
H4 (9003 Hi/Low) LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGMPN6W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Attachments

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
9-3 has "driving lights"? I know there are foglights but this is a new one for me. :cheesy:

2357NA bulbs work very well in front signal/park location and have a considerably brighter bright filament.

I used old GE bulbs (made in US) of that spec for years in my 900. I would not use a made in China/Taiwan/someplace bulb in that application. A made in EU (Hungary/Germany/Slovakia) would probably be OK, but I'm not sure how much that kind of a bulb was a thing over there. I'm always on the lookout for 'vintage' bulbs at old-time auto stores.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9-3 has "driving lights"? I know there are foglights but this is a new one for me. :cheesy:

2357NA bulbs work very well in front signal/park location and have a considerably brighter bright filament.

I used old GE bulbs (made in US) of that spec for years in my 900. I would not use a made in China/Taiwan/someplace bulb in that application. A made in EU (Hungary/Germany/Slovakia) would probably be OK, but I'm not sure how much that kind of a bulb was a thing over there. I'm always on the lookout for 'vintage' bulbs at old-time auto stores.
Whatever you call them, the light that's on while the car is on and also acts as a blinker. Amber bulb on the outside of the headlight. Picked up the sylvania resistor kit from Walmart for $15. Looks easy enough to install. Gonna give it a try first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts