SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 year I joined this site, first time posting :cheesy:
so this summer I've changed all the lights on MY07 to leds cause they look awsome :D. I've read that I need resistors so I got them all installed myself and they look great, no error messages on the SID so no hyperflashing. but there is a problem, my lights flashes all the time (not bright like when you actually turn them on, but flashes quickly at about 3 seconds interval each time). Which basically means that when I drive on the road, my turn signal will flash dimly. I finally had time to take a short video, first showing normal hazard lights flashing (no hyperflash proof), then when car is shut down. All this for you experts to help me analyse my problem :p
Reminder, all the resistors are in place...

video link:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi... Check out this old post. It has some good information about using 12V resistors, not sure which ones you might have. If you seen this link previously...sorry! http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167350 I have LED bulbs to light my rear license plate and have the same strobing, but for about 5-7 seconds after the car is off. So not much to annoy or worry myself about. Good luck!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've seen a million threads about this, but I don't think I've seen a single example of someone who personally wired resistors in and was able to eliminate the strobing. It has always been hearsay.

Edit:after looking at 20 threads I was finally able to find one person who personally got them to work, but he didn't elaborate on the type of resistors or anything. There are also a ton of people concerned about the heat that the resistors generate around plastic. Here is that post http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1458652&postcount=10.
I would recommend just getting regular bulbs that are super white, like these www.racinglab.com/polm4supwhit.html. Good luck with the stobing, I hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the replies, I looked through them but I guess no one actually know how to solve this. I will just keep the strobe effects as it's only the turn signals that does it when i'm driving. I guess it can only be considered as added safety measures for night time driving :roll:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks a lot for the replies, I looked through them but I guess no one actually know how to solve this. I will just keep the strobe effects as it's only the turn signals that does it when i'm driving. I guess it can only be considered as added safety measures for night time driving :roll:
Or impersonating a construction vehicle lol. There is no way I would keep them on my car if they did that. I think the LED section of Hidplanet.com would be able to help you, and steer you into doing LED's properly.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you get pulled over for that.

Also, I don't want to jinx you, but it might be hard explaining the situation if you were to have an accident where someone runs into you thinking that you were indicating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts