SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out any working LED bulbs for the fog lights to match the hue of the Xenon's?

I'm talking working as in no silly error messages, or rapid blinking or whatever out of the box

·
Super Moderator
1,808 Posts
I’m assuming an LED fog light would be very similar. I did that on my NG 9-5 and it worked out perfectly. Looks like Phillips offers an LED front fog light for the OG 9-5 too. I arbitrarily put in a 2008, not sure what year your car is.
02EA3188-2CA4-4FDB-80C7-8DBE8334A314.png

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
OG 9-5 do not have flickering etc issues at all. So go for it and report (with pics) when changed.
98-03 (non Aero up to 05) have H1, 04-10 Aero and 06-10 all have H8.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I installed a set of optional maybe even aftermarket projector beam/lens lights. I removed the quartz bulbs and intalled LED I had to get the right socket and modify the rear. They work really well, no bulb monitoring.

Will try to get some photos for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,808 Posts
Here are the LED fogs with factory Xenons. Thought it was a damn good match.
69C1B054-0E99-47F5-A780-FB9686CC7E56.jpeg

Reactions: Nocturne

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well it certainly looks aesthetically pleasing, I'd be more concerned about my own visibility during inclement weather versus what other people think about the color of my lights. Considering that when you're driving it you can't see it... I'd get some good yellow bulbs, or a lens covering that's yellow so the light can cut through fog and rain and snow vs. just bouncing right off back into your eyes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts