SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps just mine, but the compatibility tables for a 08 9-7x aero list a lm487 flasher. (and said to be used on TBSS) I ordered one as I installed TRS XB 3157As in the front turns and was getting hyper flash and did not want ballast resistors. Once the lm487 arrived it was obvious it was incorrect. Mine uses a gm 25746427 common to Savana vans. After a bit of searching and cross referencing, a lm502 (Novita) crosses over - and works - no hyperflash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am interested in installing the LED switchbacks. Where did you find the LM502 relay at? I am seeing prices around $50.. is that what you paid?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 50, Autozone special order to the store. If you can wait a week, I did pull the board out of the case, at casual glance it was all the same surface mount components, the difference being two electrolytic caps. I'll be out of the country for a few days, when I return I'll get the right caps and put on the old flasher and see it it works -much cheaper solution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That works for me, I may just go ahead with the LM502 module for ease of use. I am actually purchasing a 2008 Aero tomorrow and have some LED switchbacks that were included with a LED H11 set of bulbs I bought for my wife's car. Best deal is that I got 2 sets of the LED H11 and LED switchbacks for the price of one, so the extra set of H11 bulbs may go into the fog lights (not sure yet of the quality, so may keep them as back ups for the Elantra). Thanks for the help and great info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts