SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour,

I installed today my new W5W5 or 194 or 168...:roll: ;) city light. I replace the stock one by LED super white (no blue) . I already have HID so the city light lock like verry old yellow bulb.

1-the first pic ic stock (left) vs LED
2- second pic is stock HID with LED
3-Third is Stock HID with stock W5W

What do you think?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think LED light output is more focused and less "illuminating" than standard bulbs. In the case of the city lights and where they are in the housing, I used the inverted LED type bulbs which emit light out the sides in which it can reflect more of the housing. I can't really tell what type of LED that Chuck is using.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exact, this LED a use is focus to a more Narrow projection. The stock bulb is more wide so it reflect more inside the ''mirror housing''. But since my HID are always on when my car is running I do not need the light flux of city light but just a matching color with the HID.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, by opening the hood, you'll have to remove un rubber cap on back of the casing of light. . You also have to remove (for right side) de battery cover and a small fuse box + the top on the windshield fluid thank...all of that in less than 2 minutes.Just lock in your Saab manuel, they show you how. The acces is thight:( so you have remove the bulb by pulling the power wire of them...Now i'm expert on that (do a few test with several bulb style) but the first time I hurt and scratch my hand + finger a lot...;) good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chuck, replacing the city light looks to be a huge improvement.... your car looks a lot better with the new lights. What brand city lights did you use? Philips, PIIA ect...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dbuono14 said:
Chuck, replacing the city light looks to be a huge improvement.... your car looks a lot better with the new lights. What brand city lights did you use? Philips, PIIA ect...
Thanks, and no it's easy but the first time it's may take longer than 2 minutes...
My City light are LED:cool: , not a standard bulb. I buy 5 pair of them from a hong kong manufacture...so still have 4 pairs to sold (I will put them in classified here);) . First time I try HOEN city light but those was cheap:nono; ...But In the same time I buy the Hoen fog light to fit with my HID and those one are good!:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
CHUCK85122 said:
Thanks, and no it's easy but the first time it's may take longer than 2 minutes...
My City light are LED:cool: , not a standard bulb. I buy 5 pair of them from a hong kong manufacture...so still have 4 pairs to sold (I will put them in classified here);) . First time I try HOEN city light but those was cheap:nono; ...But In the same time I buy the Hoen fog light to fit with my HID and those one are good!:)
if your selling let me know I will buy a set..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts