SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen about 4 900s with leather seats in my life. Each one had a different brand of leather <exclusively for saab, of course>.

Mine is "Elmo", my broken turbo has "Scottish...something" How many different suppliers were there? how was it determined which car got which?

What does your car have?

·
Banned
1,702 Posts
I have only ever seen 'Bridge of Weir' (or something similar!) Scottish leather in all U.K cars, 900 and 9000 included. My '89 turbo has such items. I didn't know that there were different manufacturers of leather seats of this period of vehicle.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My girlfriends 9000 i believe has the elmo stuff, but her father i beleive has the scottish stuff. If it makes any difference, the elmo stuff is tan, and the scottish stuff is black... i think.

·
Registered
811 Posts
bridge of weir is correct - near glasgow? or maybe stirling? in scotland. i however have elmo leather in my c900 (it also has the suede patches from the 9k carlsson on front seats) in dover grey. incidentally, elmo also made a wool interior for the 9k.

G

·
Registered
314 Posts
I got some Italian stuff, don't know the name though, its dark blue

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
i too have elmo seats, elmo are the sweedish leather i think, says on the tag. mine are tan, i have seen many diff quality types, mine are ok, kinda stiff, then i have seen some glove soft types that are loose and not so tight.

·
Registered
569 Posts
my car has tan elmo leather seats. woywitka, mine is also pretty stiff and pretty tightly wrapped, but with virtually no cracking, it looks like new otherwise. sorta interesting... you can see pics of it on cardomain under username "turbofan"any why don't any of the friggin links posted on this site ever work for me? "this page cannot be displayed" blah blah blhapoooo!!!!:evil:

·
Registered
569 Posts
hehe nice car, wonder whose it is!! ;)

but that's not what i meant. i didn't mean links that I post, i mean links that OTHER ppl post that i click on. whenever somebody posts a link and i click on it, it never seems to work. i was just expressing frustrations, i doubt anybody has a solid answer... it's prolly cuz most other ppl don't post the links correctly (i usually just post instructions on how to get to a site rather than posting a link cuz i'm sure i'd screw it up) so who knows. no big.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matthew said:
Bridge of Weir even have a website!
http://www.bowleather.co.uk/
Elmo has a site too.
http://www.elmoleather.com/

I liked this topic and I went to the junkyard last weekend and looked at leather interiors. Every single one of 15 classic 900's there had cloth seats. There was a single 9000 there and it had Elmo leather interior (tan)
I the "Elmo leather exclusively for saab" tag off the driver seat and put it on my keychain. It makes a nice addition.....it feels good...still soft and nice.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your information. Take care.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts