SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading a lot about what to use for leather cleaning/preservation.

Zaino, Lexol and Zymol seem to be the top three....

Any opinions on what is best bang for the buck? Any other brands recommended? I try to stay away from armor all...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I use Lexol as well. I allow it to settle for a few days and then put a coat of 303 protectant on it for UV protection.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
We need a comparison! Perhaps long time users of one product comparing their seats to long time users of another product?

I use Zymol but mainly on the driver's seat. I don't want to try Lexol, though I used Lexol wipes once. Perhaps, I should try another brand on the passenger side? The tops of my side bolsters are wrinked, more on the driver's outer (left).

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Comparison?..... obviously the guy that uses Zymol is thinking it's better than lexol and vice versa... a comparison is looking at them side by side after you've used them both.....

Lexol Wipes are the crap, just for a quick cleanup. Use the cleaner then conditioner, two products, a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have always used Lexol exclusively....I used to own a high end detailing shop and it is approved by Porsche, M Benz etc. Their product contains leather oils, so it puts back what use takes out.....

Sean

·
Registered
922 Posts
Lexol all the way here. Start with cleaner on left, then rub in conditioner:

If you like it save by buying the gallon size refills next time.

I use 303 Aerospace on all plastics after they get vacuumed:

Exterior trim and tires get this:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have used Zymol in the past (and liked it) but just switched to Griot's Leather Care on a recommendation and so far I love it!!!

They also have a rejuvenator for more worn leather........

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great!

Thanks K, appreciate it

Lexol all the way here. Start with cleaner on left, then rub in conditioner:

If you like it save by buying the gallon size refills next time.

I use 303 Aerospace on all plastics after they get vacuumed:

Exterior trim and tires get this:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts