SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 convertible roof drips about once ever 10 minutes on rainy days. The leak is at the seal of the roof and front windows right where the top front of the window slopes down.

Is there anything short of replacing the seals that might reduce or stop the leaks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Try a little silicon grease on the rubber seal, although that's definitely a temporary solution. Since it's 2003, it should still be covered under warranty so let the dealer sort it out...but only if you have a dealer that you trust.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Could be one of a number of issues:

• Rubber seals drying out: like rotate said, try a little silicone on them. Actually, the best thing I've found for rejuvinating the rubber seals is a product called 'Seal' made by Zymol.
  • Windows need adjustment: dealer can tweak the windows just slightly to give a stronger push against the rubber, giving a better seal.
  • Top needs adjusting: If the top isn't clamping down tight enough, the seal between windows and top won't be sufficient...
My top will leak in exactly the same place every once in awhile. The Zymol 'Seal' has fixed it every time for me!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I ordered mine online - can't remember where, though!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can I get Zymol

Anybody know where I can buy Zymol Seal or silicone grease? Can't find either

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
You're not going to find Zymol Seal in a store locally - it's a pretty specialized product. However, I remembered another product that is just as good - Gummipflege. You can find it at any BMW dealer (and surprise - it will cost you less than the Zymol product).

Gummipflege is just like Seal - a silicone-free glycerin product...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'll try. I called BMW to see if they had Zymol. I'm surprised they didn't recommend Gummipflege

1 - 10 of 10 Posts