SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone hope you all are having a nice day. My 2003 9-5, is leaking power steering fluid, could I just use "leak fix power steering fluid" to fix the leak? I can take pics of the leak if that will help. Oh and my driver side front window does not work anymore, the window motor makes a noise while trying to go up but it wont go all the way up, it goes down though. I had to push the window up myself so i could be able to drive on the highway. To me it seems like it came off some kind of "tract". Thanks for all your help :)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Have a look in the FAQ's for the window issue, it sounds like the roller has FUBAR'd, a common but cheap fix. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I too had a PS leak. There was PS fluid on the inside of the passengers side inner fender. It turned out to be leaking from the bottom of the resivor.(SP?) The problem was a loose hose clamp.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I too had a PS leak. There was PS fluid on the inside of the passengers side inner fender. It turned out to be leaking from the bottom of the resivor.(SP?) The problem was a loose hose clamp.
My 2001 had exactly the same problem while it was still on warranty.

Saab uses a specific power steering fluid (CHF11S, same as many other euro cars) and you can't just use some other random fluid. Fix the problem rather than trying to patch it with some miracle glue.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help, I can tell where the leak is coming from but when i tighten the pipe the next day its leaking in the same spot :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where is the leak coming from? Photos????

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I have a worse problem, I wish I would'nt have tried to fix the leak :(
See ***Warning to all saab owner's***

1 - 8 of 8 Posts