SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently had a major leak when we had alot of rain. The carpet in the lh passenger footwell was 2" deep in water.
The drain tube under the plenum was blocked with sand and rusbbish. I cleared this but when i had the plenum off there was a approx 12" x 6" hole in the bulkead where the water was running in and came out by glovebox. - the hole has a plastic trim and looks like it should have something filling the hole ( a filter or something? ) please can someone give me advise as to what should be here - if anything as it seems strange to have a hole straight through bulkhead and have a plastic trim around edge.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
yes there is a plastic trim around edge but nothing in middle, so just a brick size hole straight through bulk head. Do you think this is missing a pollen filter box?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yup, you should have a cabin filter there. This is a common leaking point. There's a white filter bracket that you can remove and that holds the cabin filter.

If you drain was blocked, you'd get leaking here. It probably won't come back.

Do you have a plastic shield that sits over the filter area but under the cowl? Earlier model years didn't have this and hence got more leaks. You can buy one to eliminate future leaks if you don't have one already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts