SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak through the flywheel window, and I'm assuming this is my rear main seal, which is of course located in the front of these lovely beauties. I'm got a picture of the leak, it's a pretty good leak too. It only leaks when driving, not when idling, so I'm assuming that is from the oil sloshing around and getting to the front of the engine. Anyways, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That is oil leaking from the front oil seal. Not an enormous job to fix. Don't think it's the slave. You can see it's at the engine side of the flywheel. Nowhere else for it to come from. What's your oil consumption? Check your brake/clutch hydraulic fluid as well to be sure.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
The flywheel looks wet, so I would agree to the rear main being the area to look into.

The clutch not 'grabby'?........poorly sealed flywheel bolts (thread sealant) can weep but not that much.
The back (gable) plate is difficult to sealed long term as well.........especially at the join where the gearbox meets the block and gable plate.
Never seen that area completely dry in the 3 900's I've owned. :x

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's 10w30 that is leaking from there, the only problem is I have both 10w30 in my gearbox and engine! I think it's coming from the seal, bah I swear a leakless C900 cannot be found!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Seal

Dont do what I did when cleaning and wiping away crud with engine running...................... put your finger on flywheel ringear whislt running OUCH!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts