SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone new to the site and to Saab. just the other day i started my car and the gauge cluster had some specks on it. since then its been getting worse. anyone have this problem. I know that Saab had some problems with the cluster but from the forum people have been having other problems with it. any help would be great. Also any one know of websites with good prices on parts. thanks

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
gauge cluster? Was it on the SID? Not sure whats on the gauge cluster that would lose pixels besides the mileage.

A few good sites. Do some research in the stickies. Genuinesaab, partsforsaabs, hirsch, elkparts, etc. Look around.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Ah gotcha. Thats the information icon on the gauges. I would say it probably needs to be replaced. Although it won't show you anything besides Traction Control and the big i. The SID will show the actual important info. So you can spend the cash to get it fixed or do as [email protected]@b said and see if recedes. I've not seen that stuff get better over time though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same thing happening on my car. Started about a year ago and is gradually changing size and shape. Depending on the heat outside, it shrinks a little, but then goes back to the same size when it gets cooler. It has moved as-well. I enquired about it with a company overseas who informed me that it is LCD bleeding and can't be fixed. Sounds like you either put up with it and hope it gets a little better, or bite the bullet and replace it.
I'm having trouble trying to find out whether you can just plug and play a replacement instrument cluster, or whether it has to be recoded. Does anyone know whether the information is stored on a central computer in the car, or whether it is actually in the instrument cluster itself?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts