SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the styling they stayed pretty true to the Saab theme. I am more skeptical of how the EV power will stack up against fierce competitors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Saab forfeited IP/trademark name rights in their bankruptcy proceedings. The name officially has changed to NEV's, though I find it interesting the continued use of the "Saab" name, even though then no longer have rights ti it.

Either way the new NEV's images look awesome and hoping when they land in the US market, timing will be such I can trade to an all electric.

www motorauthority com/news/1027875_saab-cars-officially-dead-as-new-owner-rolls-out-nevs-brand

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
NEVS is not using SAAB brand or name.
"Old" combustion engine "Saab 9-3" is last one which has SAAB (only name, not logo) on it.
All electric cars are NEVS.
NEVS (National Electric Vehicle Sweden)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still hoping electric is going to be a fad that will pass with time. I think a hydrogen-based combustion engine is more practical and lower cost both to the environment and the pocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It seems there is still a big fear factor in dealing with hydrogen. Reports I read in the past say if it's handled properly, there's no more danger than there is with gas. That said, hydrogen has a "bomb" association so...

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
The hydrogen bomb is irrelevant to the dangers of hydrogen-powered vehicles. Even the Hindenburg is not really relevant.

However, hydrogen has a number of material properties that make it very awkward to handle. I'm not holding my breath for hydrogen-powered cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agreed.

We have come to the point where they provide electric car charging stations in the supermarket parking lots and they are free to use. I'm sure there has to be some kind of limit on using them but consider the time, effort and expense of routing power under a parking lot to a charging station that is at least 100' from the source. The spots are conveniently located and reserved so you may not park there with any other type of vehicle. I can see that model being duplicated at other shopping areas or restaurants in a short time. What if that same amount of money and time was put into setting up a hydrogen option at a gas station where you had to actually still pay for your "fuel"? People are more than willing provide such great incentives for electric because it's clean and renewable energy. I just can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all. Unfortunately, it does appear that Hydrogen will not be a feasible option for the foreseeable future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts