SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Me again. I am going to look at a very late 9000 2.0 CSE Anniversary tomorrow, 1998 S reg, with a view to buying it. Its expensive! (Don't ask me how much because I am not saying - If I do I will get a reputation on here as a crazy guy with more money than sense). But it looks immaculate. 90.000 miles, FSSH, Fully serviced and MOT'd. It looks like the nicest example I have seen in a long, long time. I know its only worth what it is worth to me, but I was just interested in what people consider would be the maximum to pay! I could get a newer 9-5 for the same money, but I love the 9000! Opinions please, but I am setting off at 7.30am Thursday so I need to know tonight!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Duw to the woldest highest (or nearly) fuel costs and a huge supply of discounted new cars, UK prices for used cars are very low. However, if it is in perfect shape, it is a lovely car and far better to drive/ride in than anything newish that say 5k would buy. I own a 90k miles Aero, and would not sell it for anything less than a whole lot of dosh because what would replace it, and at what cost??

So it is worth a fair bit to the right buyer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:(

It was a total dog...... Perhaps worth 1/3 of the screen price!

Oh well, if you dont look you dont know!

I reckon he must be good with photoshop because it doesnt look like the same car as is in the pictures!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
American Currency? I'd pay $8,500 USD at most if its immaculate. In 2006 I payed $4,800 for an immaculate 1994 CSE (148,000 miles).. which lead to $4,200 in mechanical failure investments... but it was well worth it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
£2- 2,500 max. If it is a 2 litre automatic.

Late 2.3 LPT& FPTs seem to be the most desireable - only my opinion.

But if its the car you want then what does it matter. The Anniversary range offers a whole lot of car for not too much money :cool:

But I may be a little biased. ;)

If it helps you to justify the price....in 1996 the price an LPT anniversary was
2.0 manual £25,395
2.3 manual £26,695
Auto was an extra £1095

An Aero would have set you back £31,395 :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts