SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 9-5s, a 2000 and a 2001. Neither one has LATCH anchors for car seats in the back. I've seen some of the newer ones in junkyards, possibly 2002+, that have LATCH anchors. There's a separate part of the rear lower seat cushions that rotates up to expose them. Can someone tell me how the actual anchors back there are attached to the car body? Are they welded on? I'm wondering if I was to find a pair of lower seat cushions with the flip-up parts at a junkyard if it would be possible to retrofit the LATCH anchors into my older cars? My wife and I are about to transition our daughter into a booster seat. The car's seatbelt will keep everything, including her, in place when she's buckled in, but when she's not in the car, the booster will flop around unless it's clipped into a pair of LATCH anchorages. I'd love to say that getting a newer car or two was an option, but right now it's not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Latch come to my 2002. You can change seat belt lock and belt anchors from newer car (2002->). Latch are integrated to them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts