SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im about to install my TDO4, but i think i ran into a problem. When looking at other peoples engines that have done this mod, the line running from above the saab logo on the DI cassette isn't running to the turbo when you put the TDO4 in. Instead there is a filter it looks like. I've heard this is a crank case vent? which doesn't help me. My question is where do i run that line from when putting in the TDO4? since it looks like you run it fro ma different location.
THanks ~ Dave

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The problem is that with the TDO4 install you need a new intake pipe that feeds right into the turbo and in doing so you have to get rid of that line as theres no place to put it. That is just a crankcase breather that sucks in air to well breath the crankcase. That PVC check valve is more for emmisions than anything and has been done away with on the T7 cars as its not really necessary. AutoZone and Advanced Auto Parts will have that breather valve. What you could also do is leave the plastic "Y" and the PVC check valve and have the filter on the bigger part of the "Y" instead of the line that runs to the intake. You would need an adapter to fit the breather but it can be done.

Hope that makes some sense.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I just put a filter on mine. Some would suggest a catch-can as there will be enough oil to clog the filter overtime. I might rig that up eventually. Otherwise, the filters are cheap enough to replace every six months or so.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok im pretty sure i found the right thing at autozone, a breather filter, its like $10. So when you put this filter on do you take out the existing plug and just close where the PVC line goes to?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You will need to somehow plug the inlet pipe near the turbo. I had mine weded shut.

The filter can really go anywhere along the line coming out of the crankcase. Wherever works well for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts