Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Laser Red 2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen 73k Miles - $8500 obo

SAAB 9-3 VIGGEN FOR SALE - Los Angeles, CA

1 of only 206 Laser Red Viggens Produced for the US
1- Family Owned Viggen
No Accidents, Mint Condition
Service Records Available
73,xxx Original Miles

On Dec 1, 2012, I brought it to a Saab mechanic (with over 20 years of experience specialized in only Saabs), and he dropped little cameras into the engine to take pictures. Below are the pics: Piston 1 (top left), Piston 2 (top right), Piston 3 (bottom left), Piston 4 (bottom right).
He said those were the one of the cleanest internals (without sludge) that he has seen in any Saab. That should be music to the ears of anyone who knows about Saabs, because oil sludge is our worst fear. The grooves in the photos are original factory engraved grooves, so you can tell that there has been no real buildup on top of the factory piston surface. If you wish to view an electronic copy of the report, I can send it to your email.
The following were the compression test results:

Cylinder 1: 180
Cylinder 2: 185
Cylinder 3: 180
Cylinder 4: 180

As for the rest, I believe the pictures speak for themselves: no wear whatsoever on the convertible top, and a very good condition interior. Recently changed the hood shocks after the mechanic said it was failing. I also topped off the brake fluid, because mechanic said it was low. Otherwise, just careful regular maintenance has kept this Viggen in top shape. Absolutely everything works, including every last electronic component in the interior.

CON: The only one I can think of is that the broken cupholder, but I will replace that with a OEM cupholder soon. =)

Asking for $8500 obo. PM me, or text me at (562) three O three - 21 sixty-three.

For higher resolution pics, look here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157632359813491/

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
am interested

I am in Tampa Fl and am not sure if mine is fixable. I was wondering if this was still for sale and what your best offer would be. Mike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in Tampa Fl and am not sure if mine is fixable. I was wondering if this was still for sale and what your best offer would be. Mike.
Yes, it is still available. What would be your offer? I feel that is more appropriate than me telling you what I would accept.

Thanks for your interest by the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am awaiting an insurance estimate on my convertible. I saw this online and it looks very clean. I guess I will need to wait to hear from them before I think about driving/shipping a car to Tampa. It is a beauty and I may be contacting you soon. Mike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am awaiting an insurance estimate on my convertible. I saw this online and it looks very clean. I guess I will need to wait to hear from them before I think about driving/shipping a car to Tampa. It is a beauty and I may be contacting you soon. Mike.
I'm just wondering if you had a time estimate on when you would hear from your insurance company. I do have a potential buyer for $7500 who lives 2 hours from me, but we have been unable to meet for the past few weeks.

Also, I am totally fine with shipping the car to you if that is your preference. We'll just have to work out the details like payment and other stuff.

Good luck with your insurance stuff!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updates on the Viggen

Just a few updates on the changes to car since original post.

1. Both screen displays in the car were replaced, because they were getting slightly spotty sometimes. The screens are now both perfect.

2. I replaced brake fluid, oil, and oil filter 200 miles ago.

3. Just replaced the battery around 50 miles ago.

4. Replaced cupholder with brand new OEM cupholder.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Damn that looks good! I'm supposed to find out within a week if i will be relocating to Bakersfield or not... If so, I might be reaching out to you soon

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is very tempting... I just have always had reservations about purchasing a car on the other side of the States. I can tell by the pictures that your's looks to be a very nice example, so the uneasiness is lessened. The only other obstacle would be the wife... Any idea on what it would cost to have the car shipped to Peoria, IL (area code 61614)?

·
Registered
292 Posts
To sell or not to sell my 08' Aero to snag this!?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just did a quick quote online:

Calculating your ballpark auto transport estimate:
90650 to 61614: $672

Solution: Make wife love the car. Haha

This is very tempting... I just have always had reservations about purchasing a car on the other side of the States. I can tell by the pictures that your's looks to be a very nice example, so the uneasiness is lessened. The only other obstacle would be the wife... Any idea on what it would cost to have the car shipped to Peoria, IL (area code 61614)?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts