SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 9000 Aero with and Elkparts Stage 3. Is it worth the extra cash for an Intercooler and Intake pipe? And has anybody tried one of those sticky dahboard kits? My 9000 has the all black fascia and I wouldn't mind a little facelift after 5 years....;)

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
cant answer the i/c question but there are more than a few guys here with bigger i/c's who will in time answer, as for the sticky kit, my lad had one in his ng900 and it looked like a stuck on pretend wood kit, look on e-bay wooden dashes are on there all the time ;)

there is a couple of the green maple dashes at the mo

here

and here

they look really nice in the aero as its a little differant and if you have black leather the stripped part of the seat is very nealy the same colour

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I have a larger intercooler front mounted on my 9-5 (Stage 4) and the difference is very noticable especially on hot days or when the car it self is very warm.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
magp1e said:
Is it worth the extra cash for an Intercooler and Intake pipe?
I have both the larger i/c and the intake pipe and yes it makes a difference, not that noticeable if you don't push the car much, but at near illegal speeds and sometimes a tad over (track days obviously:roll: ), the car pulls much more effortlessly.
Are they worth the dosh? Spose it depends how bad you got the bug, go and get them and then you'll want bigger injectors and a larger turbo too :cheesy: .

magp1e said:
And has anybody tried one of those sticky dashboard kits?
got one of them too;)

got it from here,

http://www.prewoodec.de/

not cheap but it does look good imo and the standard black is just tooo boring, mine is "Titan", perhaps you would like to go for "Rot" :eek:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
andy, that dash kit looks much better than the one my lad had in his 900, differant ends of the spectrum i guess :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
For an very old car that looks great :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sticky Kit!

:D Cheers for that. This Kit really looks the Biz. Though If I go for ROT, well I may have to re-cover the seats in Rouge Leather and have Pink fluffy dice off the Mirror........

Thanks again.

Andyaero said:
I have both the larger i/c and the intake pipe and yes it makes a difference, not that noticeable if you don't push the car much, but at near illegal speeds and sometimes a tad over (track days obviously:roll: ), the car pulls much more effortlessly.
Are they worth the dosh? Spose it depends how bad you got the bug, go and get them and then you'll want bigger injectors and a larger turbo too :cheesy: .

got one of them too;)

got it from here,

http://www.prewoodec.de/

not cheap but it does look good imo and the standard black is just tooo boring, mine is "Titan", perhaps you would like to go for "Rot" :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts