SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought in to the dealer a few weeks back for a P0455 code, which is large evap leak detected. So here I thought, simple Gas cap, which is covered by Saab from 2003-2007 models (reoccuring problem, so if you have a faulty gas cap it will be free of charge)

So anyways they replaced the cap, 2 days later the same code flashes again. So I call the dealer, went in today for them to do an Evap leak test. (smoke test) So the mechanic pulls me in to show me where the leak is at.

Its a $30 return valve, left of the fuel tank. They will have to drop the tank in order to change it. I was tempted to say, thanks for letting me know and be on my way. They said the part is $30 and labour will be 2 hours. Which I agreed to do for. So sometime next week im going in for a $250 bill for a $30 part. Anyways long story short. This nightmare is costing me $$ this is just a heads up for if anyone else has the same problem .

I had to walk away today with a bill of $150 (part + detecting the leak)
next week ill be paying just for installation.

Friggin rediculous, but oh well :)

Happy driving saabers :)

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah he did a leak test , and i was able to see the smoke coming out of the valve. its a great way to test for leaks in the system. I thought it was gonna be the charcoil cannister as well or a cracked line near the throttle body but hey who knew ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts