SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i hope someone can help me sort out a bit of a pickle i,m in. i broke a white wire very close to the lambda sensor while changing the exhaust downpipe so i soldered the wire back together but when i started the engine after fitting the exhaust the CHECK ENGINE warning light is staying on. can i be pretty certain that i,ve ruined the sensor ? maybe by soldering so close to the sensor or maybe it is damaged inside. if so is it worth buying an aftermarket one or should i stick to genuine parts. will a new one come with a new wire too ? any advice is gratefully received.........thank you

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry i meant to say also is it at all possible that the warning light just needs reset maybe by disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours i heard that resets the ecu.......thanks again

·
Banned
637 Posts
Try resoldering These are often difficult wires to solder. Heat shouldn't hurt the thing.
Be carefull with replacements ..seems GM ownership has experimented with Titania Sensors (only found in Vauxhalls) which are not replaceable with generic (as in rest of Planet types) but only GM or the hapless Saab dealer knows for sure.. IF.. they are willing to Divulge.. which cars got what.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts