SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new Koni strut inserts to fit. The big nut on the sleeve of the original looks do-able with a pipe wrench. But the new nut has two holes in it for tightening.

Anybody know where to get a spanner for it? I searched the Koni site and then Googled the last 15 minutes!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok John thanks.

I just looked in my angle grinder box and it has a smaller version, so was thinking of making something similar. On the other hand, a few pipe wrench marks won't matter and will never be seen! ;)

How hard was it to get the old nut out? I have a small 12" Stilly and a smallish 5" bench vice.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I use a 24" wrench and a large vise for the 'gland nut' thus...

I made a tool for the Koni top nuts; using an M30 nut and 2 M5 cap head screws about 35mm long, no picture I'm afraid, but if I'm not mistaken it is on the bench infront of the 3 pin plug just to the left of the yellow bush.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Raggy. Struts to big vice at work then and see if I can borrow a bigger Stilly :cool:

Big nut is a good idea. Biggest we use for electrical work on busbars is about M16. But I'll have a look. Hmm. Gas pipe....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts