1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Koni are a poular choice for a suspension upgrade, one thing to remember though is you have to takes the rears off to adjust them. If you get it wrong it could cost you money getting them reset to the right settings. Don't forget the other makes though, Bilstein and Eibach are well thought off as well. Suspensions are a very personal thing, one mans perfect setup is anothers idea of a bone jarring ride. Have a look at the members modifications lists to see what people are running. :cool: Any hey, welcome to SaabCentral. :cheesy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply...basically im just looking for something with a little lower stance than what my aero has right now, but dont want to sacrifice the ride quality....let me know if you have any suggestions...:D

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I'm totally biased, i have the Eibach kit and love it. The car sits lower than the Aero and goes round corners like its on rails. Ride quality is firm but not bone jarring, the best modification i've made i'd say. :cool:

·
Registered
596 Posts
basically im just looking for something with a little lower stance than what my aero has right now
Will shocks alone bring it down? Don't you need lowering springs also?

FWIW I'm running the Koni Sports (with a set of lowering springs) at the medium/middle setting and I love it...

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Saaber12 said:
Thanx for the reply...basically im just looking for something with a little lower stance than what my aero has right now, but dont want to sacrifice the ride quality....let me know if you have any suggestions...:D
Just change the springs unless the aero's shocks are worn ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Yep, if you only change the shox, chances are the ride height will remain the same. You will need a shox/springs package to lower the car about another 10-15 mm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kermit said:
Yep, if you only change the shox, chances are the ride height will remain the same. You will need a shox/springs package to lower the car about another 10-15 mm.
Thanx for all the input. Def gonna go with a shox/spring change..Just wondering who to go with now. I want something that will sit the car lower, have great ride quility, and still handle the road like a saab should. Let me know if anyone has any shox/spring setup suggestions....especially if its on an aero

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Kermit said:
Koni are a poular choice for a suspension upgrade, one thing to remember though is you have to takes the rears off to adjust them. If you get it wrong it could cost you money getting them reset to the right settings.
Yeah, but there are no alignment adjustments for the rear so if you're handy you could do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts