SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to install some Koni Yellow's and have no idea of the ideal settings (granted I know that's subjective). Anyone have any experience and recommendations for the front and rear settings for the Yellows for daily driving? What feels best for handling and comfort? And how in the world do I adjust the rears...they compress all the way in to be adjusted?

·
Registered
100 Posts
From experience, Koni yellows come set mid way in their damping range, fit them, take it for a decent run over a verity of different road surfaces and make your own decision on wether to stiffen or soften the settings to your choice. From memory, I doubt you'll want to make them stiffer!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
I run my fronts at around 75% soft and rears 75% hard on the SS. Seems the most balanced for regular driving. There are some threads about the settings. Do a search and you'll find it.

And yes, to adjust the rears, you have to unbolt them and compress to adjust.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
generally there are six clicks of adjustment. Mid point is best. Remove rears, press down on the top vertically and rotate until you feel it engage the adjuster. rotate all the way clockwise or anti clockwise counting the clicks or bumps. find the mid point .

the rest is popcorn as stiffening and softening is really just over damping or under damping. These aint formula one dampers bro' lol

my take. I got konis on another car. Not bad for konis

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run my fronts at around 75% soft and rears 75% hard on the SS. Seems the most balanced for regular driving. There are some threads about the settings. Do a search and you'll find it.

And yes, to adjust the rears, you have to unbolt them and compress to adjust.
You'd think the search would have turned up some posts, and was surprised when it didn't...hence the new post.

There are a couple of posts that indirectly discuss it, but nothing real concrete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts