SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found a spring spacer that's been verified to work with Koni Reds but I read that the P/N for Reds are the same as the Koni FSD, suggesting that spacer fitment could be the same between Reds and FSDs. Has anyone installed Koni Red rear shocks on their 9-5 with spring spacers? If so, what spacer works with Reds?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have you checked with IG3Tech? I would swear that they do a koni fitment.

If not, I think I saw that genuinesaab has spacers that are ONLY for koni.

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,726 Posts
Yes - genuinesaab dot com - I will put in a link as well - $12 each. KONI SPACERS

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Neither of these vendors mention Koni Red fitment specifically on their web site.

I dropped genuinesaab a message a while back, and I did not get a response. I noticed that could not find Koni products on their web site. Maybe they no longer support these products.

I also asked IG3Tech. They said they have not tried their spacers on the Reds and so could not guarantee fitment, but they did offer a refund if I found that their spacer does not fit the Reds.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I dropped genuinesaab a message a while back, and I did not get a response. I noticed that could not find Koni products on their web site. Maybe they no longer support these products.
I kind of wonder if Koni isn't really supporting their products on Saabs any more. Koni used to have support across their product range, and now the FSD is the only thing I can find listed, and even those weren't available when I was shock-shopping awhile back.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The koni adaptive reds are only a few years old. Koni seems to be shifting market strategy.
I have a set up front. Dont care for the smoothie type ride when under 40mph, but they do "adapt" and get firmer when hz increases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts