SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It's amazing how some things just work themselves out.
Koenigsegg was the first company to put a serious bid to buy SAAB from GM, but GM dragged their feet and Christian Von Koenigsegg had to pull out of the deal since they had an established plan for SAAB but it depended on them getting SAAB by a certain date (which didn't happen).
So now the parent company to NEVS partnered/bought into Koenigsegg and given each companies plans, it's a perfect partnership.

·
Registered
200 Posts
NEVS was supposed to already have a car out in 2019, but I see no sign of this and with uncertainty in the Chinese economy they will have a very hard time pushing a new luxury brand.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I actually had a quick chat with NEVS through their instagram and I asked what the business plan was now that they've partnered with Koenigsegg.

They responded saying that the partnership will allow them to be able to reach other markets outside of China and Sweden and there will be big news and further details coming soon.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I actually had a quick chat with NEVS through their instagram and I asked what the business plan was now that they've partnered with Koenigsegg.

They responded saying that the partnership will allow them to be able to reach other markets outside of China and Sweden and there will be big news and further details coming soon.

It's 2016 all over again! :cheesy::roll::nono;

·
Registered
197 Posts
I hope so too. Back then, Koenigsegg seemed like the ideal partner from a passion/engineering perspective, and appropriately Swedish. I’m curious how this will work now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts