SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did you guys buy new hose clamps? If so, 9-3 specific or 9-5 to match hoses? I'd assume it probably doesn't matter as hoses would be same size..
One clamp is permanently attached to 9-5 hose, and for the other side you can reuse the old one.
Thinking these hoses will fix this leak? A tad worry some as it appears more like oil than coolant..
Yes, this is a coolant line.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Advance Auto has a coolant system pressure test kit that I successfully used on my 2.8T 9-3. It has a huge selection of adapters, although the one I ended up using was not labeled for the 9-3..... Unfortunately I can't recall which adapter it was.

Also, I replaced the upper O-rings on the heater core pipe you were talking about after replacing my water pump because I was also seeing coolant down in the V, and thanks to the serpentine belt it was slung all over the right hand side of the block.

At the end of the day the pressure test kit led me to a minor leak on the right side radiator end cap. Not sure how it was managing to get into the V from there, but it was. The pressure test kit is highly recommended instead of just shooting in the dark. I wasted a lot of time replacing stuff that was unnecessary. Upshot, I know my water pump, and O-rings are good for another 100k miles now.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Saab Central =)

I like the idea of adding insulation but also wondering if it’s a good thing to keep the heat inside the pipe from transferring naturally?

I am looking at the fiberglass material type of insulation as I need to replace the hoses soon.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm late to the thread, but in terms of "what leaks up there", the answer is... everything...

I'm at 130k miles now, and I've replaced all the expansion tank lines, lost the overflow line (easy to lose), hardwired the coolant level sensor (the float doesn't), and replaced the cap.

No big deal, and I'm not complaining, this has been a very reliable car. But that's a very hot engine compartment, and the hoses have a hard life.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I like the idea of adding insulation but also wondering if it’s a good thing to keep the heat inside the pipe from transferring naturally?

I am looking at the fiberglass material type of insulation as I need to replace the hoses soon.
It is transferring naturally. There's a coolant inside the hose which is no higher than 120C and it soaks up all the extra heat you can get past the head shielding. The goal of aluminum heat shield is to block the IR heat transfer, which it does quite efficiently.

·
Registered
407 Posts

Saab Central =)

What car did you put these shiny hoses on?!
I have to replace them on a yearly basis...always leak thanks to the turbo
Will they fit the '08 93 Aero??
Is it these 2 part#'s; 22955222, 22955223
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
391 Posts
What car did you put these shiny hoses on?!
I have to replace them on a yearly basis...always leak thanks to the turbo
Will they fit the '08 93 Aero??
Is it these 2 part#'s; 22955222, 22955223
Thanks for your help!
This was installed in Turbo X. The same as 08 Aero with V6 under the hood.
Part numbers are correct.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts