SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mesthene
It's that idiotic, dumbed-down, abridged Bentley manual again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peva
Don't start any ritual Bentley burning yet Jim. Doubt if there will be a riot provided the media aren't given the heads-up. But it is the only thing you've got if you're starting from scratch, provided you realise it has it's faults.

This reminds me...
I think compiling the known errors in the Bentley manual and then adding the list to the FAQ would be very helpful to the majority of us here...

Stating the error, correction, and pg # so we can correct our books before we need 'em would be awesome.

1) Firing order
2) Torque spec for front wheel bearing hub
3) testing ignition amplifier output voltage

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's not an error, but my son's newly-purchased hardcover book is of poor print quality. Apparently, the entire book is printed from scanned pages - even the type is halftoned. Yes, it's a genuine Bentley book :cry:
Save your money, if you have to buy a book - just get the paperback.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
It's not an error, but my son's newly-purchased hardcover book is of poor print quality. Apparently, the entire book is printed from scanned pages - even the type is halftoned. Yes, it's a genuine Bentley book :cry:
Save your money, if you have to buy a book - just get the paperback.
Don't believe it's a genuine Bentley but a Chinese copy. Yes, that is what they look like. They copy any book worth selling.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Its not the firing order that's wrong if I recall, but the actual placement of the plugs in the drawing is one spot off.
That being said, my 84 turbo is exactly like the drawing, which through me off because I was going by memory, which was wrong in my case. Shakes fist.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have been in correspondence with Bentley Publishing. They apologized and admitted the poor-quality hardcover edition got past their QC and sent me a paperback replacement.

Don't believe it's a genuine Bentley but a Chinese copy. Yes, that is what they look like. They copy any book worth selling.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have been in correspondence with Bentley Publishing. They apologized and admitted the poor-quality hardcover edition got past their QC and sent me a paperback replacement.
It's a shame their accuracy and proofreading got past QC.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Always blame QC!!! The QC manager was probably pulling his hair out as the production director overrode him and shipped them anyway as they needed the figures to be good for the shareholders meeting!!
Been there, done that!
Sorry rant over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts