SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, living in Philadelphia has really taken a toll on my poor 9-3... Long story short I cracked the lip of my front drivers side wheel. I'm also told that on the rear passenger side wheel, the lip is flattened out in one area, this isn't causing any major problems though.

The front one though, had to be replaced. So now I have an extra stock 9-3 16 inch rim sitting in my trunk being useless. I've gotten quote for $100 to fix it, it's not worth it. I just want to sell it. Anyone know where I can ship it off to?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
No no, support the saab comunity have them done at Viking.http://www.vikingwheel.com

I shot the stuff on the phone with them for a while. They have 1 of 6 original Sonetts, and a mechanic that can do a 4.5 hour heater job in a 9000 in a lunch hour.This man should be either re-writing the shop manual or leading a trade school for future mechanics...:cheesy: [/QUOTE]

I've gotten quote for $100 to fix it, it's not worth it. I just want to sell it. Anyone know where I can ship it off to? Who is going to buy an item that is "not worth it" ??

These shops do some really nice work with alloys, but the cost is $90 and up....

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
The tech is Jimmy Hutchings, he has a powder blue gt 750 he brings to SOC. Used to work at Sports Car Centre in syracuse, and a bit at tired iron which is his dads shop.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
earthworm said:
Tweek's Turbos said:
No no, support the saab comunity have them done at Viking.http://www.vikingwheel.com

I shot the stuff on the phone with them for a while. They have 1 of 6 original Sonetts, and a mechanic that can do a 4.5 hour heater job in a 9000 in a lunch hour.This man should be either re-writing the shop manual or leading a trade school for future mechanics...:cheesy: [/QUOTE]

I've gotten quote for $100 to fix it, it's not worth it. I just want to sell it. Anyone know where I can ship it off to? Who is going to buy an item that is "not worth it" ??

These shops do some really nice work with alloys, but the cost is $90 and up....
$20 for aluminum weight :)

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
The tech is Jimmy Hutchings, he has a powder blue gt 750 he brings to SOC. Used to work at Sports Car Centre in syracuse, and a bit at tired iron which is his dads shop.
A SAAB GT750 ? With the Halda SpeedPilot, the wood steering wheel and Recaro reclining "super seats" ?? Also disk brakes and special wheels...I think...and this may pre-date radial ply tires !!
Its similar to todays Viggen, but with a bit less horsepower:cheesy: :cheesy: .
But is this blue the original paint ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have used a small business called Wheel Works for bent rims. Many of the dealers use them. Not cheap but quality work. They are located in Southampton. 215-947-8927. Last year I bought an extra wheel on ebay as a back up. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts