SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '99 9-5 Wago (2.4L Turbo) & i've been noticing a knocking kind of rattling noise whenever i accelerate from an idle position. any suggestion(s) of what this might be?

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Bad engine, caused by bad gas, wrong plugs, bad DI clogged injectros or whatever. You can try fixing all these and hope the engine is not shot

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanna know where I can get a 2.4L :)

Does it only do it briefly on acceleration? Does it do it coming to a stop?
sorry, i meant 2.3L Turbo. guess that's what i get for not proofreading. :lol:
it's pretty much on accerleration. but it might be what JsSaab said, could be from using bad gas. i had been using 87, only b/c that's what the previous owner had been using. then again, he didn't know the car was a turbo when he sold it to me.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
sorry, i meant 2.3L Turbo. guess that's what i get for not proofreading. :lol:
it's pretty much on accerleration. but it might be what JsSaab said, could be from using bad gas. i had been using 87, only b/c that's what the previous owner had been using. then again, he didn't know the car was a turbo when he sold it to me.
I would change the plugs to proper NGK plugs along with a bit of dielectric grease.....Also put in only premium fuel and see how she likes it, wouldnt hurt to also do fuel filter along with full synthetic oil change.
if you get the chance also drop the oil pan and see what kind of condition shes in and clean her up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would change the plugs to proper NGK plugs along with a bit of dielectric grease.....Also put in only premium fuel and see how she likes it, wouldnt hurt to also do fuel filter along with full synthetic oil change.
if you get the chance also drop the oil pan and see what kind of condition shes in and clean her up
thanks Tank, i will do that. we have a family vacation coming up in a couple of weeks, so i'd like to get that done before we go. what spark plugs would you recommend?

·
Registered
719 Posts
re

I would immiediatly change to the highest octane gas you can get and then unhook your battery for a few minutes so you can reset the ECU.Do 3 or 4 full throttle runs in 3rd gear ,from about 3000rpms to 5000rpms.THis will reset it.Id also change the oil ,use mobil 1 0w40 our cars love both the oil and the gas is a must.Sounds like the guy you bought it off had no knowledge of saabs or cars in general.I hope that no serios damage has already been done. GOOD LUCK DAVE S>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts