SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer had a look at my engine light and suspect the knock sensor. It gives 4 flashes.

invoice said:
Engine managmenent light.Read off fault codes 44661, 42930, 22451 stored. Carried out diagnostic tests, suspect Knock sensor, no stock at present.
So, 1) anyone know what the codes mean or where I can look them up? since the light only comes on occasionaly and mostly when its cold, I suspect bad wiring or condsensation.

The senor is £90 from saab, not sure if that includes VAT, and also needs fitting, and might not fix it due to the above resons I suspect.

Where can I get one cheaper?

Fitting:
Im told by the saab mech that the angle and torque are critical when fitting it. So, without a proper guide I will have to let them do it....
Where can I find such a guide? :)

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
What year? DI equipped cars don't have a knock sensor. I am not sure about the non-turbo cars like yours but I thought the DI cartridge was the knock sensor on all SAAB's after 1990.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Superaero said:
What year? DI equipped cars don't have a knock sensor. I am not sure about the non-turbo cars like yours but I thought the DI cartridge was the knock sensor on all SAAB's after 1990.
Interesting, thanks for that. I found some more information from the bottom of this page
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:pqLVYqyfVLYJ:www.nysoc.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi%3Fflavor%3Darchive%26list%3Dnewslett%26id%3D20050623205058+saab+DI+knock+sensor&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

I was hoping to have the T5 but since 4 flashes is knock on the DI/APC list, that will be what I have :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts