SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My only key is starting to play up. With random steering lock fault warning I have to reset by disconnecting battery.
I tried to program an "eBay" key. Once I go through the process (existing key works fine) where it tells me it couldn't add key, The diagnostic says
1 key added successfully 433mhz etc (my good key).
Then it tells me the key in the ignition (eBay key) Is not programmed, not added, and is 433mhz.
So it can see the key, it's the correct MHz, but I can't get it to add the key. I put in a key from my other Saab just to see what it would say and it said it was already programmed to another car (as it should).
I can't work out whether I'm missing something or if it's just the eBay key being dodgy.
Help appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
19,047 Posts
Buy only OEM keys.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
With the one factory key I do have. It started playing up when it got dropped. randomly comes up with steering lock malfunction. I tried reprogramming it to the vehicle, but that didnt fix it , any idea if its fixable. maybe if I reattach cim/immo/ steering lock or something?

Buy only OEM keys.
Looks like I will have to get them from US or UK. Freight is killer - $47 from maptun for example.
I just dont want to pay heaps and end up with something that doesnt work.

Do you know anything about the supplier "partsforsaabs" the freight is reasonable 12pounds
they also have coils

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up ordering a fob from partsforsaabs, it was $136au ( about $95US) inc postage.
Also want a few other parts, but decided to just order this to see how they perform.
Should be here in about 10 days.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New OEM key from PFS added easily with no issues.
Arrived quickly so very happy with the service from PFS and key is visually much better quality then the ebay ones :).

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I can confirm (again) that chinese fobs will not work with Saab.
My friend bought chinese fobs and (I warned him, but no luck) I tried to add them to his my 07 9-3 convertible. Chinese fob messed up even programming and another original fob disappeared from CIM memory. I manage to resume both original fobs back.
Lesson learned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts