SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

2004 9-3 Aero

All of a sudden my keyfob no longer does anything. I bought this car used a year ago and have had zero problems with it. I never thought about it until now but I have no key to get into the car, just the keyfob which isn't doing anything.

This happened for the first time 2 days ago. I broke into the car, inserted the keyfob and got the 'Key not accepted. Contact Saab dealer.' message.

I went out and bought a new battery for the keyfob which didn't seem to make a difference. I unhooked the battery terminals and let the car sit for 20 minutes. I hooked the battery back up and still nothing.

I went out to the car a few hours later and all of a sudden the keyfob started working (lock, unlock, trunk and alarm). I was then able to start the car with the keyfob. Before it wouldn't even turn and gave me the above message.

I was happy at this point, locked the car and went inside. Today I come out and now the keyfob is totally unresponsive again.

Can anyone give me some ideas as to what might be going on and what to try next?

Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give.

- phoyce

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have two fobs, and one of mine has the same issue, tried switching batteries and that didnt do it, im hoping it doesnt need programmed, sorry i dont have any answers, i would love to know the issue as well

·
Super Moderator
9,362 Posts
welcome to SC..

if you've only got 1 fob get another ASAP..the hard key for the car is inside the fob push on the saab emblem & pull

·
Registered
292 Posts
KeyLOST

welcome to SC..

if you've only got 1 fob get another ASAP..the hard key for the car is inside the fob push on the saab emblem & pull
Where?

I have only 1 and I am waiting on the second from the original owner and I'm already nervous...

I've read several threads about this but most are old (pre-SAAB closure) and no straight forward info on where to get it (purchased) and where to program and cut them...

They all say that after getting them we should go to a Saab dealer and get them programed. Saab dealers are no more. There are no more Saab dealers were I live (AZ) for example...

//////////////////////
So to get a NEW SET MADE we need 2 pieces (Saab 9-3 2003-2010):

- 12 783 781 - Remote Transmitter
and
- 12 787 976 - Blank Key

That can be purchased on eBay or saabpartscheap.com or saabusaparts.com.

After that we need to take them where? GM? Chevrolet Dealership? Who can make the cutting and coding from the original solo key?

Wish we had this sticky...

·
Registered
71 Posts
well you really only need the FOB part of it, because the other key, the actual key will just slide into the new FOB. There is a saab dealership here in cincinnati that is still open, I should prob get this squared away before the other goes out and i have a $40,000 paperweight

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where?

I have only 1 and I am waiting on the second from the original owner and I'm already nervous...

I've read several threads about this but most are old (pre-SAAB closure) and no straight forward info on where to get it (purchased) and where to program and cut them...

They all say that after getting them we should go to a Saab dealer and get them programed. Saab dealers are no more. There are no more Saab dealers were I live (AZ) for example...

//////////////////////
So to get a NEW SET MADE we need 2 pieces (Saab 9-3 2003-2010):

- 12 783 781 - Remote Transmitter
and
- 12 787 976 - Blank Key

That can be purchased on eBay or saabpartscheap.com or saabusaparts.com.

After that we need to take them where? GM? Chevrolet Dealership? Who can make the cutting and coding from the original solo key?

Wish we had this sticky...
Actually, Legends Cadillac, Hummer, Saab, is located in North Scottsdale off of Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. I just had my car inspected there for some warranty work being done for next week.

Also, Lund Cadillac off of Bell Rd and 16th st (I think) might still do Saab. Last time I called, the service manager was kind of a tool about it, so I decided to go to Legends instead. Waay more helpful.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Actually, Legends Cadillac, Hummer, Saab, is located in North Scottsdale off of Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. I just had my car inspected there for some warranty work being done for next week.

Also, Lund Cadillac off of Bell Rd and 16th st (I think) might still do Saab. Last time I called, the service manager was kind of a tool about it, so I decided to go to Legends instead. Waay more helpful.

Thank you Sir! I will schedule with Legends. Lund's think they are too good for Saabs now, they never replied my emails...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you Sir! I will schedule with Legends. Lund's think they are too good for Saabs now, they never replied my emails...
Haha, figured they wouldn't be interested. I had to complain to GM customer service about them. They were telling me it wouldn't be worth it to look at the car because they can't get parts for the car.

I called Legends and right away they said they can get parts no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts