SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I unfortunately do not have another key fob :pensive: I checked the ignition relay and it was gone. So I bought one put it in and still nothing. I will try cleaning it out. I will keep you updated. Thank you!!

Here's another question for you I checked every single fuse and found 6 that were bad. Is that common in these cars? Starting to regret buying this car...

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
I unfortunately do not have another key fob :pensive: I checked the ignition relay and it was gone. So I bought one put it in and still nothing. I will try cleaning it out. I will keep you updated. Thank you!!

Here's another question for you I checked every single fuse and found 6 that were bad. Is that common in these cars? Starting to regret buying this car...
No, fuses should never go bad unless something has shorted them. A little background on your car leading up to you posting here would go a long way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok here's all the background that I have. I bought the car 2 days ago paid a couple hundred for it because nobody could get it to start. A bank had a repo company repo the car due to non payment. The repo company sold it to me. They said they paid the neighbors of the people who had possession of the car to let them know when the car was at its location. The neighbors called saying they just drove up in the car. The repo company showed up within minutes. The people didn't answer the door so repo company took the car. They got it back to the yard and was unable to get it started. At that time nothing would come on the lights computer nothing. I bought car changed out fuses and got things to turn on. Just can't get the key to turn in ignition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok I ordered the ISM and got it in today. I installed the new one and the steering lock malfunction still comes on and the key still will not turn in the ignition. I've installed a new battery, I've turned the steering wheel while turning key and nothing..... Advice?!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It cranks very strong, just wont start sometimes. I just went down to the parking garage and it started just fine.

I do get the door lock failure warning and the alarm going off most days when I start it. I had to remove the fuse for the horn so not to anger others. The alarm will stop if I drive a few feet when it does start.

I went down earlier and it started right up....

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Ok I ordered the ISM and got it in today. I installed the new one and the steering lock malfunction still comes on and the key still will not turn in the ignition. I've installed a new battery, I've turned the steering wheel while turning key and nothing..... Advice?!
Where do you live? Honestly, it sounds like an electrical nightmare. You might need someone with a Tech2 to diagnose what is wrong. Fuses should NEVER blow unless something is really wrong. Especially not multiple fuses.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
It cranks very strong, just wont start sometimes. I just went down to the parking garage and it started just fine.

I do get the door lock failure warning and the alarm going off most days when I start it. I had to remove the fuse for the horn so not to anger others. The alarm will stop if I drive a few feet when it does start.

I went down earlier and it started right up....
I don't understand how nothing can be on the Tech2 when you clearly have a central locking problem.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
I did get the door lock code but no other codes that show problems other than this...I think its setting off the alarm and killing the starter. I was told that you cannot disable the alarm system on these cars.
im pretty sure you can with a tech2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't think of anything that would prevent the key from turning in the ignition aside from the bad ignition or the key fob not matching the vehicle security.

You can try Jeff's SAAB up on Acoma in the morning and see if he has any ideas. Jim's Auto on 4th might be able to help, too. (I'm in the ABQ area, myself)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sweet! Thank you! I have called multiple places and once I tell them it's a Saab they say no.

My initial thought was the ignition so I replaced it as well. I called Josh lock and key to reprogram the key and he said he would do it but that it didn't sound like it needed to be programmed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet! Thank you! I have called multiple places and once I tell them it's a Saab they say no.

My initial thought was the ignition so I replaced it as well. I called Josh lock and key to reprogram the key and he said he would do it but that it didn't sound like it needed to be programmed.
Did you find a solution to the key not turning? I'm expericing a similar issue that seems to pop up on warm days (20º C +)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok here's all the background that I have. I bought the car 2 days ago paid a couple hundred for it because nobody could get it to start. A bank had a repo company repo the car due to non payment. The repo company sold it to me. They said they paid the neighbors of the people who had possession of the car to let them know when the car was at its location. The neighbors called saying they just drove up in the car. The repo company showed up within minutes. The people didn't answer the door so repo company took the car. They got it back to the yard and was unable to get it started. At that time nothing would come on the lights computer nothing. I bought car changed out fuses and got things to turn on. Just can't get the key to turn in ignition.

Where did the repo company get the key? From the bank?
Sounds odd that the people drove to their house and now no one
else can start it. I would look for a hidden kill switch or something.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts