SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just finished the regular oil change and was starting her up when I suddenly noticed that the key didn’t spring back once I started her up. I had to manually turn the key back to on...??? I have been trolling the posts but haven’t found any post with regards to this issue.
It feels like the spring back is not working any ideas how to fix it ?? I'm scared to let any one else in the family drive the car as if you don’t turn the key back manually it still keeps firing even after the car has started.
Cheers,
Dilan

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar problem but luckily an owner independent place where I take my car to had the same car and knew what to do. He took apart the the place where the key goes in and cleaned then lube all the parts. After he worked the key back and forth for awhile. It has been a year and not a problem since. His thought was the key slot, being located on the floor, gets its share of dirt, crumbs and dust

B

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Dilanja,

I had the same problem last year. The problem is the ignition switch. It is the electronic part that is under the ignition barrel. Cleaning and oiling it will not fix it. The spring inside has broken, and the only cure is to replace the entire switch. It is part # 4946307 and costs around $140. I installed it myself, but if you take it to a shop they will charge you about 2.5 hours. Best of luck!

Lawrence

1 - 3 of 3 Posts