SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my car it only came with one key (that the car didn’t like to accept very much) so $250 later I had two. The trouble is that the new key is the new style and the range and responsiveness sucks.

Can I fit a signal receiver from a 2003 or newer 9-5 to my 1999 without a lot of trouble?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stipud said:
The range on the old remotes sucks too... :roll:

I have the old key styles and I would LOVE to do this. I can barely get it to open my doors when i'm a foot away from the car sometimes.
My old remote (separate from the key) actually worked from 10 meters away. The current one can sometimes take 3 clicks to open the doors when I'm right next to the car.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I tried to do research on this once but didn't find any difference in part numbers between 99 receiver and 2004-2005 receiver. Did they just improve over time or is there actually a different, revised version.

Btw, for what it's worth, WIS says the range of remote is 5-15m

G

·
I have stock TX and RX for my car.

The range is terrible compared to all my previous vehicles which I put after market units in.

One up-side to poor range is no-one will be grabbing your codes. My previous aftermarket devices used code-hopping to help avoid someone doing that.. not sure if Saab uses that.

Pros and Cons to the range topic...

DaveH.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I have both types of key and find the integrated key only works from about 10ft, the older banana type fob works from about 30-40ft on a good day. Saab reckon its to stop code grabbers, i reckon the remotes are just cack. ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
The new keys, if they are the newer ones, have a fair range ~ 10-15 ft.
I'm in and out about 3 times a day, battery still good.
If we would be talking about remote starting then the range would leave much to be desired.
Regards,
cse_20

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
3 times :eek:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
A day :eek:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Funny guys!
I guess you know what I meant in usage, open close DOORS.
It sure doesn't take much to make some jealous:cheesy:
Regards,
cse_20

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
P hew (my wife reads this stuff you know) :roll:

G

·
Regarding the range, sometimes I have to be within 5 feet or even closer...
Other times I can be better than 90+ feet.

If it doesn't work at the farther range then I seem to have to walk right up to it before it will work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts