SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mr. Saab n00b here...

Say I wanted to go to a drive-in. To listen to the radio but to turn the headlights off, what should I do. I've tried to mess with everything but the headlights stay on.

Any help would be appriciated. Too bad my saab didn't come with a owners manual. Maybe that would answer these petty questions.

thanks in advanced
-steve

·
Registered
642 Posts
TigerSilhouette said:
If you press the on button on the radio while the car is off, the radio should function even without the key. Another cool feature our cars have :)
until you kill your battery, my radio would randomly turn on after I did that.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah, with the key out of the ignition you can turn the radio on by pushing the volume button. To conserve battery power, what you can do is push the black panel button on the SID to turn off the display. The bulbs that illuminate that use quite a bit of power, so anything extra you can squeeze out is good. The radio is suppose to turn itself off when the system detects that the battery is nearing the minimum current necessary to start the car.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Slaab4life said:
The radio is suppose to turn itself off when the system detects that the battery is nearing the minimum current necessary to start the car.
Really?? :eek: But it turns off every 60 minutes also. How would you know it's the hour thing or the battery thing?

Your baterry should easily last a 90 minute movie.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
;oops: Damn, your right Cleve, I need to consult my owner's manual more often. I had read though maybe last year that the radio turned off for voltage reason, but that person was misinformed, thus making me that way too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts