SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone borrowed my car this summer, and I didnt explain to her how she was supposed to use a SAAB. so when I got it back, the 'key-locked-in-ignition-if-not-in-reverse' (KLIIINIR) function was gone. she had probably yanked the key out while in first gear or sumthing. has anyone experienced this?, is there a way to fix it? (I would love to get that SAAB-feeling back to my ignition)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? does all your KLIIINIR work?

another question: the glovecompartmentdoor was stuck when i got the car, I got it opened and one of the locks (arms) were not moving when operating the handle. I just pushed it in so far that it got stuck in there, so the door only locks on one side.

It seems impossible to dismantle the door, but I ask anyway; anyone been able to fix it?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I think the KLIIINIR is achieved by a small, possibly plastic, linkage that goes from the ignition switch to the shifter. So you might get a better idea of whats happening by pulling the centre console apart around the shifter. You'll probably have to visit a dealer or a salvage yard to find the replacememnt part.

As for the glovebox, I have no idea, but perhaps their are some plastic tabs you can pull apart to gain access to the locking/latching mechanism?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You'll probably have to visit a dealer or a salvage yard to find the replacement part.
........and charge the culprit. If someone borrowed my car, and was as apparently reckless as this, and kept quiet about it, I would not be so generous towards them in the future :x .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts