SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.. I've been fighting this issue for over a year and my car hasn't been running for 4 months. First I got the "key not accepted" error but it always worked eventually. after about 6 month like that it completely quit working.

I tried cleaning the ISP and that didn't help. Tried a replacement.. used and still nothing. Tried a used CIM and it wouldn't pair with the car.

Now I have a brand new CIM and new key but it's not pairing still. The key paired with the CIM fine but it wont pair with the car I guess.

I'm thinking it's an electrical issue.. the right headlight doesn't work and I wonder if there's a bad connection somewhere. I just don't know what to try anymore.

By the way I'm in middle Tennessee.. if anyone is close maybe we can work something out. I'm ready to sell the car or whatever my options are.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Zike,
What are you using to pair things, sounds like you have a Tech2?
What are the DTCs?
How old/condition is your battery?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Tech 2 Clone that seems to work fine. There are quite a few DTCs.. should I post pictures here?

The battery is barely a year old because I bought it when the problem started and I haven't used the car very much since. It seems to be fine with plenty of charge.

Anything else I can try?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery condition?
I bought it a year ago when this problem first started and I haven't used the car very since. It's fully charged and I don't think there's any problem with the battery. I got a tip to check fuse #2 for the ECU... Any other ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys it started. You have no idea how that feels after 4 months of trying to fix it!!

So I checked all the fuses and they were good. Then I decided to take the brand new CIM board out of the steering column module I got from eBay and put it in the old module from the car. That seemed like a good thing but then the steering wheel lock was clicking. I just had it hanging by the pedals so I decided to just install it all the way. After I did that I tried the key and it just turned. And so I tried to crank it and it started right up. :) I'm pretty excited.

Still some issues from before.. right headlight won't come on. I guess we will see about that next.

·
Registered
275 Posts
[QUOTE="zike47222, post: 6427591, member: 12487081"
.....I'm ready to sell the car or whatever my options are.
[/QUOTE]

Hang in there, you've come to the right place, plenty of smart guys on here . and I dont thing your issues are as major as they first sound.

+1 with Mimmi. Battery first, if its been sitting more than a week or 2. I'd say fully charging the battery has likely sorted some of your more major(ish) problems.
Now that you have it started, clear the DTCs and see what sticks (cant see the forest from the trees).

Also FYI with the Steering lock, mine has always unlocked as soon as key pushes in. Not sure about others ( i have the "au" model).

·
Super Moderator
19,042 Posts
halogen headlight? not uncommon to have melted/burnt wiring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[QUOTE="zike47222, post: 6427591, member: 12487081"
.....I'm ready to sell the car or whatever my options are.
Hang in there, you've come to the right place, plenty of smart guys on here . and I dont thing your issues are as major as they first sound.

+1 with Mimmi. Battery first, if its been sitting more than a week or 2. I'd say fully charging the battery has likely sorted some of your more major(ish) problems.
Now that you have it started, clear the DTCs and see what sticks (cant see the forest from the trees).

Also FYI with the Steering lock, mine has always unlocked as soon as key pushes in. Not sure about others ( i have the "au" model).
[/QUOTE]
Its fixed!! thanks for your comment though..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts