SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things 12783781 are on super backorder. Might not be available till August??

Has anybody tried replacing the transponder module PCF7946AT?

·
Registered
643 Posts
i was able to get my fob from my dealership out in glen cove, ny right away.

i asked for a duplicate key and made me one for $125. all i had to do was come back in an hour.

they have a bunch in stock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
on a somewhat related topic, how long should a battery last in the keyfob? When I bought my 07 back in Feb, I used one fob and put the other away. After awhile, the one I was using seemed to die and I had to use the key. I did get a message saying the fob battery was low. Replaced the battery and all was fine for a month or so, then the same thing. Once I start the car, the fob seems to work. Switched fobs and it does the same thing. Do these things eat batteries or is it something else?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
That's not been a big issue in the past that I know of, where are you getting your batteries? Are they a name Brand or cheapo's from the dollar store, check expiration dates in those places. In anycase, I change mine once a year for peace of mind.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Everyone once in awhile mine won't unlock the car. I'll have to pull out the manual key to unlock it. Then the fob works just fine starting the car and lock/unlock and all that.

It happens once every couple months. Anyone else have similar experience?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
If the unlock button gets pushed a few times while your out of range, you must open the door with the hard key, It's a theft prevention concept..... you drop, lose or someone boosts your keys... they have to be close to your car to find it. On my a remote on a Nissan I had, you could walk around a lot all night clicking until you found the car, and even unlock a few other Nissans....not so with Saab.

·
Registered
568 Posts
If the unlock button gets pushed a few times while your out of range, you must open the door with the hard key, It's a theft prevention concept..... you drop, lose or someone boosts your keys... they have to be close to your car to find it. On my a remote on a Nissan I had, you could walk around a lot all night clicking until you found the car, and even unlock a few other Nissans....not so with Saab.
That is an excellent feature and would explain why I had to use the key a few weeks ago to unlock. The fob had been in my pocket while I was out and I probably pushed the buttons a few times without realizing it.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Wow, all these years with the Saab and I did not know that, good tip.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The RFID may have gotten erased. Try having reprogrammed.Do you get a "Key Not Recognized" message on the SID?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes. Sometimes it says immobilization failure also. Can I reprogram it myself? I have seen both responses on the boards here, that you can reprogram the fob if you have one that is working. Is that only for the locks or the immobilization also?

Thanks,

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
In anycase, I change mine once a year for peace of mind.
Is this recommended? My key fob battery is 5 years old. I use one and keep the other one unused except for using it about every two months for one day.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Is this recommended? My key fob battery is 5 years old. I use one and keep the other one unused except for using it about every two months for one day.
According to my hand book it say's '' The battery should last for about 4 years of normal use '' . :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok, so I park my car outside the garage the other night. Hit the lock button on the fob and laid it down on the shelf inside the garage. Next morning, wouldnt unlock. Had to use the key and have the alarm go off at 5am. Definitely wasnt a case of the button being hit several times. Would the mentioned reprogramming help perhaps?

·
Registered
675 Posts
ok, so I park my car outside the garage the other night. Hit the lock button on the fob and laid it down on the shelf inside the garage. Next morning, wouldnt unlock. Had to use the key and have the alarm go off at 5am. Definitely wasnt a case of the button being hit several times. Would the mentioned reprogramming help perhaps?
Probably.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts